Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Smartcraft compatibility - in particular for the 6.2? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/151039-smartcraft-compatibility-particular-6-2-a.html)

Audiofn 02-09-2007 10:14 AM

Re: Smartcraft compatibility - in particular for the 6.2?

Originally Posted by DoTheMath (Post 2021025)
Hehe - yeah, I saw that this morning... interesting! I'll be in Miami for the show next week so I'll have to get some more info.

Ya keep me posted because I am definately interested.

Jon

DoTheMath 02-09-2007 10:19 AM

Re: Smartcraft compatibility - in particular for the 6.2?

Will do!

Ford Capri 02-11-2007 04:58 PM

I own a 2000/2001 MX 6.2 and there is no smartcraft it is a MEFI-3

Richard

Dave_N 02-11-2007 06:02 PM

2002 was the first year of the ECM555/Smartcraft compatable MX 6.2 MPI engine. Installing a Smartcraft gauge or monitor on these engines is not difficult. Get the "Smartcraft Applications and Display Products Technical Guide" Merc part #90-891965. It will tell you everything you need to know.

Dave

DoTheMath 02-11-2007 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Dave_N (Post 2023387)
2002 was the first year of the ECM555/Smartcraft compatable MX 6.2 MPI engine. Installing a Smartcraft gauge or monitor on these engines is not difficult. Get the "Smartcraft Applications and Display Products Technical Guide" Merc part #90-891965. It will tell you everything you need to know.

Dave

Very cool - thanks Dave!

Mark

Audiofn 02-11-2007 06:44 PM

Mark: You still need to go look at that other guys booth for me. Then when you get back you have to tell me how you do all this traveling with the kid :D Or did you sell him on ebay like I am temped to do after I saw Warpath come up for sale :D:D

DoTheMath 02-12-2007 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by Audiofn (Post 2023475)
Mark: You still need to go look at that other guys booth for me. Then when you get back you have to tell me how you do all this traveling with the kid :D Or did you sell him on ebay like I am temped to do after I saw Warpath come up for sale :D:D

LOL! Dude - "you ain't seen nutin' yet"! JK - trust me it gets MUCH better! My little guy rocks, but when he has his occasional melt-down, ouch! My secret!? (I have the best wife, mother and mother-in-law in the world!) Seriously, he's not even 2 yet and he's flown to San Fran. twice, Wash. DC and S. Carolina and he is a great traveler! But, trips like Grand Cayman - wife, no baby - keeps the wife very happy so, with the boat shows and "just the guys trips" - she is all good. Oh and the lake is a bonus for us too, like a mimi-vaca. every week. Just wait until you finish the house in ME, you'll see! BTW - the Donzi I had, I bought it cuz SHE "had to have it" - found out she was pregnant a couple weeks after the four of us did that PR, so... Sold it - and used the boy as an excuse to buy the new boat, "it is a much more toddler-friendly boat than the Whaler (we currently have) is, honey" - oh and she misses going fast too! Leverage the baby Jon - lol!

That S/C company is on my short list of things for the show, I'll get you all that info and bring it back with me - no worries!:cool:

Audiofn 02-12-2007 08:59 AM

SO what did you get for a new boat?

Jon

DoTheMath 02-12-2007 09:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Bought this a couple weeks ago... :)

Audiofn 02-12-2007 09:13 AM

Nice what is it, Sunsation? Looks to be in great shape!!!!