Old 01-07-2002, 08:22 PM
MercMan300

What's the problem DonziMitch?

Old 01-08-2002, 12:05 AM
Platinum Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Troutly:
<STRONG>If it were me.....I'd go the AT 37 AVH with 575's. Bet you could do one of those for under $250,000..... </STRONG>
Very nice choice!
Old 01-08-2002, 12:35 AM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

i would pay 400+ for an outerlimits or skater but tha tis it. I don't think cigs are woth that much. When you see an outerlimits pull up you know it, same with a skater.
Old 01-08-2002, 08:27 AM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
That 38 was the same one from last year. I was looking at it they would let in go for 280k. My budy bought a 38 cig last year with 575's price 300k not 400k.Right now most of the boat company's are very hungry, you could get a great deal.
Old 01-08-2002, 08:46 AM
Registered

MercMan, I bought a 88 Z33 and it was nothing but work. After thousands of dollars in repairs and beefing the boat up it still was not what I expected. I sold the boat at a loss and am very bitter. I feel the structure of the boat was very weak and the design of the boat was horrible. The way the hatches cover 2/3rds of the deck right in the middle of the boat is like perforated paper, it will rip. Just nor worth the money in my opinion.
Old 01-08-2002, 09:02 AM
OZARKBOATER

Shanghied is right just because they have a boat show price of 300+ does not mean that is what you pay for it. If you havent guessed I am a Donzi dealer and I love the boats, but that is beside the point. We have a used 99 38 ZX with 525sc's and I would let it go for 189,900.00. Just my little plug there, sorry.

Donzi Mitch, I am sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience, if there is anything I can do to help in the future please let me know. My # is 800-557-1350 ext. 2 ask for Dan Cramer

Old 01-08-2002, 09:07 AM
Logan38

You cannot compare a Donzi Regazzi to the Donzi's that built the company's reputation. Regazzi was a suicidal attempt to capitalize on the name recognition to sell bayliners for the price of a wellcraft. The new Donzi's are significantly better than the old Regazzi's or Medallions, but still not up to what it should be for the price,in my opinion.

Old 01-08-2002, 09:33 AM
Donzi33ZX
Gold Member

I am not here to defend Donzi, hell there is one thing I don't like about my new boat, that being the flip out cup holder is a poor design.
I know several new ZX Donzi owners, we all purchased between 35% and 40% off MSRP. That is a good rule of thumb for these boats.

I am obviously happy with them and just bought my second one. A good point (in a way) was made above about the added cost is for warranty spending, this maybe true but I believe they were one of the first with the 5 year warranty, with this coverage you don't spend money on the Merc Q extended plans, and after the first year it is a good feeling to have some protection. Yes it is merely an insurance policy from Marine Innovations but I made several claims including an outdrive and the ext warranty paid. I believe they also underwrite several other major manufactures who now offer this type of coverage?
* 6 in one hand half dozen in another I guess.

There will always be some bad boats out there, but unlike cars you don't always hear all the stories. I am still curious of the outcome of the Blister Boat, but I bet I can guess the result. Has anyone heard from Chris???

DonziMitch I was curious about your boat, thanks for giving us the details. Have you found a new ride yet? And Just FYI, you can change your screen name on here in your profile, same account new handle...
Bryan

[ 01-08-2002: Message edited by: 2001 26ZX ]
Old 01-08-2002, 10:14 AM
Charter Member#1545
Charter Member

There is a 99 38 Donzi with 575s in the classified right here on OSO for $145000.
Old 01-08-2002, 11:51 AM
Registered

No no new ride yet. I am waiting until the spring to find the right one. I hope at that time I have a huge choice and some good deals. I will let you all know what I end up with.

Quick Reply: What gives with Donzi anyway?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.