Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
What gives with Donzi anyway? >

What gives with Donzi anyway?

Notices

What gives with Donzi anyway?

Old 01-08-2002, 12:49 PM
29Fever

The Cincinnati boat show is going on right now. There are about 5 boats there worth looking at in my opinion. There are a couple of Donzis. There is a 2001 left over 28' Scorpion. Special boat show price of $133,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't think retail on that boat was so high. I think I'll go down and offer him 70.

Old 01-08-2002, 12:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think all of these companies can bring offshore performance boating to every one, just like henry ford with the car, just start selling a 28' v or cat your choice
500hp for 50k twin for 100k I take mine right away what do you guys think?
oh and BTW in my world the weather is always sunning, the beer is always flowing(and ice cold) the women are topless,and the meds are handed out by a nice guy in a white suit

Mattyboy
Old 01-08-2002, 01:40 PM
Charter Member #1492
Charter Member

Hello my fellow OSO folks. The facts of this thread are wrong. If you go to the Donzi Web site you will find that they are currently offering 9 months no payments. They have coupled this with a reduction in there pricing. I have purchased 2 new Donzi ZX boats since 1999 and have always done significantly better than the MSRP. When you take other Builders boats and add the options that Donzi offers as standard you are in about the same price range. If you are a consumer and do not like Donzi boats that is fine. If you have never owned one, driven one and formulate a negative opinion that is hard for me to understand. The facts listed here not only with Donzi but other boat builders is not reality relative to pricing. How many boat builders are vacuum bagging during there construction. Add K-Planes and HYD steering as standard features on there boats. The list goes on and on. I have owned 2 and I am in the process of purchasing another. I personnally have not found any other boat that satisifies me like a Donzi and I have done my shopping and homework. Shopped, Priced, Driven etc... Most boat show prices that I have seen are really not good deals. My .02. I like My Donzi as much as my fellow members like there Sunsation, Powerquest, Fountain, AT, Cig, velocity, Apache, and all the rest. I do not question the intelligence of you folks on what you bought. If you are a happy boat owner that is great. Donzi is a good company. I can say this without prejudice because I have lived the experience. See you all on the water. DONZIMAN2
Old 01-08-2002, 01:43 PM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I was waiting for you to chime in.

There should be lots of Donzi's at the Miami BS!

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron
Old 01-08-2002, 01:47 PM
Registered

Talking

Nice post Donziman2.

I have seen the term 'vacuum bagged' several times but I am not familiar with the process and its benefits. Could you, or anyone else, please elaborate.

I know this might be better addressed in the tech section, but since I was already posting...

Thanks in advance for educating me on this topic,

Sean
Old 01-08-2002, 02:03 PM
Donzi33ZX
Gold Member

I was waiting too....
I just want a new cup holder for my birthday!
It will come, trust me!

I WILL MENTION I am glad no other manufactures were over priced.
Did SUNSATION have a blue light sale?

Lets face it, if they can stick it to ya they will, some get deals some don't, on any brand.
Bryan

[ 01-08-2002: Message edited by: 2001 26ZX ]
Old 01-08-2002, 02:44 PM
Registered

2001 26ZX:

I bet you wouldn’t have guessed that my boat is currently at the Donzi factory being repaired would you? Well, it is. They plan to grind off all the defective gelcoat and replace.

I intend to post the results once I take delivery (estimated to take approximately 30 days, but I’m not holding my breath). Not so much because it’s Donzi but more so because I’ve estimated a few projects in my day.

70 degrees here in TX, not a cloud in the sky and no boat (sigh), I think I’ll go visit the hole in the water I’m renting and maybe watch my lift go up an down.

-Chris
Old 01-08-2002, 02:47 PM
Donzi33ZX
Gold Member

Chris, I mean it with in all sincerity, I am glad you got somewhere from your persistance.
Keep us posted.
Bryan
Old 01-08-2002, 02:48 PM
MikeStar

Originally posted by seanclong:
<STRONG>Nice post Donziman2.

I have seen the term 'vacuum bagged' several times but I am not familiar with the process and its benefits. Could you, or anyone else, please elaborate.

I know this might be better addressed in the tech section, but since I was already posting...

Thanks in advance for educating me on this topic,

Sean </STRONG>

Vacuum bagging is pretty much what it's name implies. Quick background (I'm sure you know this, but just in case), the fiberglass mat used to form a boat hull is "painted" or "rolled" with resin. The resin saturates the 'glass and a chemical reaction follows that binds it all together (don't sue me if I'm not 100% right on this). The problem is that the resin may or may not fully saturate the glass, so the boat builder has to use lots of resin, adding weight.

When a boat is vacuum-bagged, the hull/deck/whatever is rolled with resin then sealed in a big old plastic bag. Then all the air is pumped out of the bag, forcing the resin throughout the structure (I'm reaching here, can anyone help?). The end result is a stronger, lighter hull.

To see a really hi-tech method of doing glass/resin, check out Genmar's VEC technology. Varying glass/resin amounts is one of the big reasons boats vary so much in weight from one hull to the next; with VEC Genmar is turning out hulls that vary no more than I think 7 lbs on a 20' hull, time after time. Supposed to be stronger too, but the tooling costs a fortune, that's why they are only using it on "volume" models.

Old 01-08-2002, 02:51 PM
MikeStar

More info here....

Vacuum bagging: http://www.fibreglast.com/Bro913Vacbag.htm
http://www.info-central.org/construc...mbagging.shtml

VEC: http://www.genmar.com/page.cfm?id=63

[ 01-08-2002: Message edited by: MikeStar ]

Quick Reply: What gives with Donzi anyway?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.