Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   E-bay Scam Under My Name!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/151092-e-bay-scam-under-my-name.html)

Revd Up 02-08-2007 11:28 PM

Re: E-bay Scam Under My Name!!!

I also just had a problem with a "spoof". A guy was selling a chevelle on my acct. with my name. Changed my passwords etc. etc.Think all is well now. I'm being real carefull now with the fake emails. Hard to tell what's real anymore.

phragle 02-09-2007 01:31 AM

ebay has a link called "live help" where you actually talk to a person (well chat) anyways a while back all of a sudden somehow I was selling over 200 items..news to me. got on live help, they immediatlety canceled all the auctions credited me for all the listing fees etc, and froze my acount untill the could call me on the phone..talk to me, them I was able to change my password, had my account reopened and havent had a problem since. remember never do anything with ebay email, only directly off there site, and snipe pages, programs are not good either.

Tom A. 02-09-2007 08:12 AM

I also got hit with a suspension notice for shillbidding that I didn't do. This came directly from ebay as I could not enter my account until I did a shill bidding tutoral they have. Once I did this my account was unsuspended. I then contacted ebay about the suspension and they said there was no record of me shillbidding or being suspended!
I am just curious how my account could be blocked, have email and a real notification in "My Ebay" from ebay, and them not having any record of this. If this was a spoof it was way over the top and never asked me for any information. I think ebay has gotten way too big for themselves to maintain and police.

One other note, I never had any problems until I reported a person trying to spoof me through a question for an item I was selling. Coincidence?!:rolleyes:

Audiofn 02-09-2007 08:44 AM

Ebay sucks now. If you are a buyer everything sells for way more then it is worth. You are always worried about a scam. It is to the point now that the only things that I will bid on are local to me. This way I can do to their house myself and pick it up.

Jon

spk1 02-09-2007 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by hunster (Post 2020692)
Thats bs. They charged me back for an item I shipped to the registered address of the buyer 3 day ups the day the auction ended 6 months later even though I supplied a tracer showing his signature and all. Screw ebay and pay pal. I'll fight them to the death. I have gone through 10 people climbing up the ladder and over a year since the origional transaction. I just keep emailing and getting the next supervisor up the ladder. At some point I'll get someone maybe. Good thing is I have my money , they want me to pay them back and me go after the customer in fla. I don't think so!

Yea,, Whats worse is I feel like may hands are tied on feedback,, I have a perfect 100% feedback with all my transactions,, but if I live this azzz negative feedback, hes going to lash back at me,and leave me negative, imagine that all he did was fk me over, and he would still have the right to leave feedback on my account., and I will have a huge dent in my 100%.

Westcoast 02-09-2007 10:33 AM

same thing happened to my wife...

Mike J 02-09-2007 12:57 PM

The guy who helped start EBAY and also started PAY-PAL ran
for the Gov. of Calif on the Dem ticket and spent 35mil but was not the winner, BUT the last few weeks the Race the Dirty side of EBAY and PAY-PAL was in all the papers it was a real eye opener.

Magnum25 02-09-2007 02:31 PM

Ebay

You are not supposed to open any emails from ebay. If you get an email saying u got a new message....go to ebay.Log in and go to my messages.Then you will know if it is a spoof. Happened to me.Said that it needed my credit card security code.

CMG 02-09-2007 02:45 PM

Watch out for second chance bids. If you lose on an item you bid on and receive and e-mail stating the other guy backed out and your next in line, watch out - they make very realistic looking e-mail and will always ask for wire transfer