Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   E-bay Scam Under My Name!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/151092-e-bay-scam-under-my-name.html)

jeff32 02-08-2007 07:51 PM

E-bay Scam Under My Name!!!

I opened my e-mail box, and have an e-mail confirming I listed a bike for sale. I NEVER DID THAT AND DON'T HAVE THE BIKE, BUT IT REAALY IS UNDER MY USERNAME!

Any advice? Did it ever happened to you ?

Here is the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...8654&rd=1&rd=1

NASCAT 02-08-2007 07:57 PM

Re: E-bay Scam Under My Name!!!

Forward the link along w/ an explanation to E-bays Security & Resolution Center ASAP so you aren't held liable & or your reputation tarnished!

poolsinc1 02-08-2007 07:58 PM

I just tried to buy a Yukon and the whole thing turned out to be a scam, icluding the wire transfer emails from ebay. Contacted ebay, they could have cared less.

jeff32 02-08-2007 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by NASCAT (Post 2020527)
Forward the link along w/ an explanation to E-bays Security & Resolution Center ASAP so you aren't held liable & or your reputation tarnished!

already done. I was also suspended 3 days ago for shillbidding, wich is bidding on an item to increase amount, that belong to me or to someone I'm related to, my brother for example. I never did that either. I sent an e-mail to them and still never answered back...

They are not so fast... For suspending they are though...

rockstrmkr 02-08-2007 08:15 PM

Have you recently opened an e-mail from ebay and responded to it? Maybe an e-mail asking you to verify certain account info ?
Ebay and Paypal call them "spoofs".
If so you need to change your passwords as quickly as possible.
The easist way to get someone there to act, is to wait to i.m. them. Go to ebay.com...contact us....follow the prompts and at some point they let you i.m. them for live help.

Good luck, it takes a while but they'll take care of it...Change your passwords !!!!
Hans

Audiofn 02-08-2007 08:29 PM

I was also bidding on some speakers and stereo stuff and it all turned out to be a scam......

Jon

spk1 02-08-2007 08:58 PM

I noticed Ebay is starting to become a very unsafe place to do business. I bought an item just before christmas, paid paypal,, thought I was safe,, 45 days later,, no product, then during dispute resolution,, they tell me time ran out on my ability to collect? I think people are beginning to figure out the ways to manipulate the system. Becareful :(

rangerrick63 02-08-2007 09:26 PM

The very same thing happened to me while selling my Chaparral on ebay. I received an email with a question, which led me to a screen asking me to log in, thought nothing about it, logged in, & that was it. Next day, my password didn't work, it had been changed by someone who was now using my screen name to list a scam auction. Ebay was very helpful in ending this without a problem. I am seeing more & more scam auctions, that just sux. I've done business on ebay for a long time, & now it has become a place you have to be extremely weary about what you bid on. I do credit ebay for being quick & picking up on the scam, but I do wonder about the folks who are not as fortunate. I don't get it, if someone has that much talent with computers, why don't they just get an honest job doing something good...anyway....Hope you get it all resolved....

t500hps 02-08-2007 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by rangerrick63 (Post 2020621)
....................... I don't get it, if someone has that much talent with computers, why don't they just get an honest job doing something good...anyway........

It's like screwing your girlfriends sister......the thrill is in keeping from getting caught. :eek: :D

hunster 02-08-2007 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by spk1 (Post 2020600)
I noticed Ebay is starting to become a very unsafe place to do business. I bought an item just before christmas, paid paypal,, thought I was safe,, 45 days later,, no product, then during dispute resolution,, they tell me time ran out on my ability to collect? I think people are beginning to figure out the ways to manipulate the system. Becareful :(

Thats bs. They charged me back for an item I shipped to the registered address of the buyer 3 day ups the day the auction ended 6 months later even though I supplied a tracer showing his signature and all. Screw ebay and pay pal. I'll fight them to the death. I have gone through 10 people climbing up the ladder and over a year since the origional transaction. I just keep emailing and getting the next supervisor up the ladder. At some point I'll get someone maybe. Good thing is I have my money , they want me to pay them back and me go after the customer in fla. I don't think so!