Notices

Quality of Boat Brands

Old 02-11-2007, 05:22 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Another to consider would be a 28 Checkmate. It is another true 28' boat. Like the Active Thunder and Pantera. A lot of them a 26.5-27' with a swim platform.
Pantera makes a great boat. I was about to buy one a few years ago untill I stood in one. I am 6'6" and I felt like the side barely came to my waist. The AT has much more freeboard.
Also Superboat makes a single engine 30'. I've heard a lot of good things about them. I have also seen a couple of 32' Sunsations with a single engine. Another of course is Joker.
Test drive as many of them as you can. Have fun.
Old 02-11-2007, 06:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

liboater ,

I looked at all the boats you listed , 29 fountain is quick but a small 29 ,Baja seems to be a good bang for the buck as is the Donzi . Without a doubt the Formula has the best fit and finish out of these listed . I bought a new 28 Pantera and have been real happy with the boat , alway's looking for rough water to play in . Where do you boat ? that will tell you what boat will suit you the best . Have fun shopping .
Old 02-11-2007, 06:42 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,194 Likes on 519 Posts

The 28' Active Thunder rides impeccably well. 'boatfreak28' has a nice 2001 28AT and recently completed a 250 mile round trip from north of Ft. Lauderdale to Islamorada & back with 8 other 33-50ft. boats and he did not miss a LICK of action. As a matter of fact, he was leading us for a while. When the ocean kicked up to 8 footers for the last few miles, he ducked to the Intercoastal, but the boat was doing fine in the ocean.

www.activethunderboats.com

There is a helluva good deal on the Boat Show Special Active Thunder 28 Savage right now. LIFETIME Hull warranty to the first owner, and Mercury/Brunswick Extended Powertrain warranty can be built into the purchase price/financing.
Shoot me an email, and I can share details.
btcomm500(a)aol.com

AT is 100% custom from start to finish; literally start with a blank sheet of paper. Standard options include carbon Livorsi billet controls and gauges, pop up cleats, and other nice amenities. If you want the seat 2" wider or farther back-done. Taller windscreen-done. Pat, the founder of AT owns INXS Motorsports and custom paints a LOT boats from mild to 'cubic dollars' in Florida and beyond.

Everyone says their boats are top quality and fit and finish is unmatched... blah blah blah. Don't tell me---show me.
I invite you to the AT factory in Pompano Beach, for a personal tour. Rigging is impeccable, and the factory stands behind their hull quality for a LIFETIME (for the original owner).

Last edited by Sydwayz; 02-12-2007 at 01:13 AM.
Old 02-11-2007, 06:45 PM
Registered

If you want freeboard and a cabin along with performance and handleing and lets not forget the best look. Active Thunder 28 is the way to go. But check'em all out , Thats what I did and ended up back at the Thunder
Old 02-11-2007, 08:12 PM
Registered

Received 279 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackedoutf250
I would also recommend taking a look at the Adrenaline V30, we have a single actually at the LA show that has been getting huge response. Check out our website www.uniqueperformancewest.com and our boat measures a true 30ft its actually a bit longer.

Thanks John
Unique Performance West, Inc.
At $275,000 they ought to be the best 30ft boats in the world.

Pantera also offers a lifetime warranty on the hull to the 1st buyer, and I'm sure they can make them as custom as you want. I've also heard that they will drop the floor to add more freeboard.

As far as the looks of an 28 AT. I guess you have to own one to appreciate the looks.... cause I don't.
Old 02-11-2007, 09:05 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
At $275,000 they ought to be the best 30ft boats in the world.

Pantera also offers a lifetime warranty on the hull to the 1st buyer, and I'm sure they can make them as custom as you want. I've also heard that they will drop the floor to add more freeboard.

As far as the looks of an 28 AT. I guess you have to own one to appreciate the looks.... cause I don't.

Gee, I wonder what TexomaPowerboater owns or sells

It is quite obvious you havent looked at a Adrenaline Power Boat. 275k is retail and it is one hell of a boat, if that is what you are looking for. Maybe not in your price range??? Just cause you personally dont care for the looks of the A.T. doesnt mean it's not a good boat, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, different strokes for different folks. I'm sure I could dig some dirt about pantera over the last few years, but that's not my style. Jeff
Old 02-11-2007, 10:19 PM
Registered

Received 279 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by Jassman
Gee, I wonder what TexomaPowerboater owns or sells

It is quite obvious you havent looked at a Adrenaline Power Boat. 275k is retail and it is one hell of a boat, if that is what you are looking for. Maybe not in your price range??? Just cause you personally dont care for the looks of the A.T. doesnt mean it's not a good boat, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, different strokes for different folks. I'm sure I could dig some dirt about pantera over the last few years, but that's not my style. Jeff
True, different boats for different folks.

I'll admit maybe I was a little out of line, but everytime I turn around someone, usually a AT owner, is trying crame a sales pitch down someones throat. Its like they had a bad day at the boat show or something.

If you could read, you wouldn't have to wonder what kind of boat I drive -its posted right under my name, just like every one else. So go ahead and poke fun of my weenie little boat. Maybe you can add to your "style"

You don't have to own or sell fancy boats just to have an opinion on this site. I like Active Thunders, they have got to be a great boat to offer a lifetime warranty. I just wouldn't buy one given the oppurtunity and thats my 2 cents.
Old 02-11-2007, 11:07 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love my Fountain 27'. It is a mid 70's boat with a hp500. My main use is on lakes and rivers. Its been to Michigan for some fun and handled great. I rarley stay over night and the cabin is perfect for what I use it for. I am looking to move up only for speed and stability. There are many out there to choose from so I would do as much research and throttle time as you can. The Quality of the build is in all of the mentioned boats. I find the build quality of my Fountain to be good (I am not here to sell them) The main point is buy what you like and bring the wife and kids along for the decision.
Old 02-11-2007, 11:54 PM
Registered

Well 275k is for the boat with the ilmors in it a base boat with 496mpi's would run 165k and with a single 525 closer to 168k but we completely redid the interior and if you saw any pics of the boat at the show it came out really well. Anyways just an option, wonderful boat with great handling and style.

John
Old 02-12-2007, 05:38 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

[QUOTE=TexomaPowerboater;2023777]True, different boats for different folks.

I'll admit maybe I was a little out of line, but everytime I turn around someone, usually a AT owner, is trying crame a sales pitch down someones throat. Its like they had a bad day at the boat show or something.

...I could see by the prev. posts there was some atomosity, and I will agree with you that sometimes a few of the AT guys get over zelous, its all about the passion for this sport.

If you could read, you wouldn't have to wonder what kind of boat I drive -its posted right under my name, just like every one else. So go ahead and poke fun of my weenie little boat. Maybe you can add to your "style"

...I can read, I thought perhaps with having an older boat, you were presently having a Pantera built or were buying or selling one. As to poke fun of your weenie little boat, I could care less, my point is if you can get on the water and have fun, who cares what you drive, THATS MY STYLE.

You don't have to own or sell fancy boats just to have an opinion on this site. I like Active Thunders, they have got to be a great boat to offer a lifetime warranty. I just wouldn't buy one given the oppurtunity and thats my 2 cents

...everyone has opinion. So what. Every boat that has been mentioned on this page are great boats, some just are better than others for different styles of boating. We are just trying to educate the org. poster on some info that he requested. Facts are facts. Your posts started out like you had an agenda, good luck with your boat. Jeff

Quick Reply: Quality of Boat Brands

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.