Notices

Quality of Boat Brands

Old 02-11-2007, 01:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quality of Boat Brands

I'm looking for an entry level sport boat to trade up to from a 27' center console. Still looking to stay single screw, so I figure 30' is the max size. I'm not familiar with the quality of each boat manufacturers. After shopping around I foind the largest single screw boats were the 29 Fountain Fever, the 27 Baja Outlaw, the 28 Donzi ZX, and the 27 Formula Fastech.

Out of these boats which would be overall the best in build quality? Performance wise, the fountain seems to be the fastest. Pricewise, the baja seems to be the cheapest.

Thanks
Old 02-11-2007, 02:09 PM
Registered

The Fountain has what many commonly refer to as a 'beak'. This means that 29' is probably closer to 27-28'.

One thing to note is that each manufacturer has its strengths and weaknesses. It would help us assist you better if you outlined where you boat and what your goals are (top speed, cabin/cockpit space, ability to handle rough water, etc).

If you are after sheer speed, quality and unprecedented customer service, I would take a 28 Sunsation over any of these boats any day of the week. Another boat you should look at in a similar price range is the 28' Nordic Heat.

Last edited by Ca$hed Out; 02-11-2007 at 02:15 PM.
Old 02-11-2007, 02:20 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

I'd have to say though, the 27 ZR is the best bang for the buck, and is an awesome 27ft boat.

Last edited by OL40SVX; 02-11-2007 at 02:34 PM.
Old 02-11-2007, 02:21 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

do you die your hair, wear lots of gold and black leather?????
Old 02-11-2007, 02:31 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1- 27 Formula FasTech Best overall 2-27 Fountain Fever Fastest 3-Baja 28 Outlaw- A good, solid boat 4-28 Donzi can't offer an opinion, never saw one. Look at them all.....each one will have it's strong points.Take a test ride, check fit and finish...........................Then buy the Formula Eric
Old 02-11-2007, 02:40 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by On The Heat
The Fountain has what many commonly refer to as a 'beak'. This means that 29' is probably closer to 27-28'.

One thing to note is that each manufacturer has its strengths and weaknesses. It would help us assist you better if you outlined where you boat and what your goals are (top speed, cabin/cockpit space, ability to handle rough water, etc).

If you are after sheer speed, quality and unprecedented customer service, I would take a 28 Sunsation over any of these boats any day of the week. Another boat you should look at in a similar price range is the 28' Nordic Heat.
Also to add a note....Check out the 28 Active Thunder. www.activethunderboats.com It will be a little larger than all the boats mentioned above, as well as have the most freeboard. Good luck. Jeff
Old 02-11-2007, 02:44 PM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

Well if your just looking for the biggest single screw boat you can buy I would have to mention 28 pantera. Its more like a 30ft boat and as far as rough water capability the consensus on this site is that the pantera is by far the best.

Per company website. 28 active thunder is only 27' 10".

Really need to look at previous threads on this subject, it has been gone over extensively. In fact, just about any question you could possibly have about a performance boat has been answered on this site.
Old 02-11-2007, 04:38 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
Well if your just looking for the biggest single screw boat you can buy I would have to mention 28 pantera. Its more like a 30ft boat and as far as rough water capability the consensus on this site is that the pantera is by far the best.

Per company website. 28 active thunder is only 27' 10".

Really need to look at previous threads on this subject, it has been gone over extensively. In fact, just about any question you could possibly have about a performance boat has been answered on this site.

Here is some more info, both the A.T. and Pantera great boats
check them both out....
http://www.panteraboats.com/28specs_sgl07.html
SPECIFICATIONS - PANTERA
Deadrise 24*
Centerline Length 28'
Beam Maximum 8'
Net Weight, Approximate 5,200 lbs.
Draft to Keel, Static 22 inches
Fuel Capacity 140 gallons

http://www.activethunderboats.com/28savage.htm
click bottom of page where boat is and it will take through 5 or 6 pages of pics and info. Good Luck Jeff

Last edited by Jassman; 02-11-2007 at 04:41 PM.
Old 02-11-2007, 05:17 PM
Registered

I would also recommend taking a look at the Adrenaline V30, we have a single actually at the LA show that has been getting huge response. Check out our website www.uniqueperformancewest.com and our boat measures a true 30ft its actually a bit longer.

Thanks John
Unique Performance West, Inc.
Old 02-11-2007, 05:21 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think we build one of the best 26 and 28 ft boats out there. A proven perfomer on the race course also gives you a better boat!
Attached Thumbnails Quality of Boat Brands-worlds-2-jokers.jpg  

Quick Reply: Quality of Boat Brands

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.