Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Fountain and their 48 diesel cruisers (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/151301-fountain-their-48-diesel-cruisers.html)

Shore Thing 03-04-2008 07:34 AM

sounds like a conversation i had with my five year old on the way to school this morning.

Airpacker 03-04-2008 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin (Post 2470262)
once again mr bi polar,"

Is there such a thing as "OCTIPOLAR"? because I think he's really 8 different people living in one brain.:p

Jassman 03-04-2008 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by leilas (Post 2470338)
offshore thats the exact same thing I said about you to some of the oso guys at loto, some of them knew you and the word "loser" was used. only to be topped by cry baby , tattle tale baby jassman. I know you guys love me, I can count on an instant response from all of you on a post, makes it fun, Jass you are the last person I would take advice from, you should be concerned about your troublesome past.

Jim, please and I mean this sincerely, seek some help. You use to be an ok guy, a little hyper at times, but something sure the heck happened to you. No we do not love you, I save that for my wife of 23 years, and even she finds you annoying and childish. As to an instance response, that's only cause I'm on in the morning and if time at night. Lets talk about credability: There is not one thing that you can post on here about me on my supposed troubled past. You need a new line, cause every controversial post of your ends that way. Maybe RB or Offshore would like to post their emails that you sent with the same line's ending that way as well...There is a big difference between fact and fiction, and hiding behind a screen, or should I say screen names to get your point or points across. This is way different then doing transactions in the real world, in which you have come up short on all ends..do I need to keep going on????..Jim let it die and move on.

BTW, I enjoyed my stay at KW on my buddy's (Keith) 48 Fountain with trip cummins. Great boat, with great features. Awesome for over nighting.:cool-smiley-011:

Rik 03-04-2008 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by leilas (Post 2470214)
wrong again Beau, thats the motor only, there is no debut for it, the items all exist. If you have interest in buying the complete motor/drive/tranny give me a call, Rik under wiggler. and I would'nt have to change names if the big baby's like rbr, jass, off drillin, had to cry to the powers because they are jealous.

One BIG piece of advice that A LOT of others should follow:

Change your screen name to your real name. Makes things a lot more believable, creditable and less BRAVE with the comments.

Far too many people hide behind a screen name and type themselves into a corner.

29Firefox 03-05-2008 01:31 AM

Trips?!

Originally Posted by Jassman (Post 2470372)

BTW, I enjoyed my stay at KW on my buddy's (Keith) 48 Fountain with trip cummins. Great boat, with great features. Awesome for over nighting.:cool-smiley-011:

Tell us more about the boat:p

jackie.fpc 03-05-2008 11:39 AM

I love that Fountain, it is such a nice boat!!

Dont know much about the power - but great lay out, so much room!!

29Firefox 03-08-2008 01:03 PM

[QUOTE=Jassman;2470372] BTW, I enjoyed my stay at KW on my buddy's (Keith) 48 Fountain with trip cummins. Great boat, with great features. Awesome for over nighting.:cool-smiley-011:[/QUOTEDoes he have a genset?:p

stirling 03-08-2008 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by 29Firefox (Post 2466736)
The max warranted horse power rating available for the QSB5.9 is 480hp. Now as Paul Harvey goes the "rest of the story". The QSB 5.9 is controlled by an ECM . Any maintenance needs for the ECM are taken care of by an "INSITE" qualified Tech. He uses a laptop with "INSITE" software installed and "INLINE" modules and cables to hook the laptop to your engine. Now lets say you have to replace a bad ECM. You need to get a new ECM but it won't have it's program loaded. You will need all the afore mentioned stuff plus an ICAL CD. The ICAL CD is a CD with the programs to program blank ECMs plus patches to upgrade current running programs. There exists an ICAL program to turn the QSB up to 600 hp. Its for paramilitary use. Using it voids the warranty. Now the INSITE system is set up that every time a tech messes with it an electronic fingerprint is left and they can figure out who's laptop did it. Break the rules and your laptop gets locked out of the system. P.S. Its spelled "Warranty" :p

I would think that stock qsb 480 turbocharger is too small to make 600 hp ,and the CP3 fuel pump is capable of 550 hp max ,you will have to upgrade to a larger turbocharger ,that moves more air ,and upgrade to a second cp3 pump ,or one at industrial injection that pumps a huge amount more diesel than stock.
I have a twin turbo on my QSB 5,9 engine ,and I,m stuck at 550 hp /1000 lbs torque now ,at 52 psi boost ,If i want more ,I need a upgraded cp3 pump,a bigger turbo,and probably a set cilinder head studs ,to keep the cilinder head on the block at boost levels over 60 psi.

As for the ecm ,you can piggy back the signals with for example a TST R49 unit ,this system alters the injector pulse duration,rail pressure ,and timing at different settings /levels .
off course its detectable ,because the logger built into the ecm can be read with a cummins tool ,and by looking at the pulse width ,rail press,timing ,can be seen the signals where out of reach.
Mads electronics in Italy can probably make a system that is not detectable ,and can be loaded into the ecm (if it has an ob3 port )
even this can be found by mainframes left in the ecm ,but Dodge /Chrysler /Cummins can,t tell what it was.......

great engines those qsb,s ,awesome torque monsters.

stirling

Jassman 03-08-2008 03:17 PM

[QUOTE=29Firefox;2476735]

Originally Posted by Jassman (Post 2470372)
BTW, I enjoyed my stay at KW on my buddy's (Keith) 48 Fountain with trip cummins. Great boat, with great features. Awesome for over nighting.:cool-smiley-011:[/QUOTEDoes he have a genset?:p

LOL...Very nice boat, 2 suites, large seating area down below with great headroom. awesome cockpit with hard top and eisen glass all the way around. Excellent for closing off the stern end, crank the air and then walk from end to end, and still have the lounge in the rear to lay out in. :cool-smiley-011:

29Firefox 03-08-2008 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by stirling (Post 2476762)
I would think that stock qsb 480 turbocharger is too small to make 600 hp ,and the CP3 fuel pump is capable of 550 hp max ,you will have to upgrade to a larger turbocharger ,that moves more air ,and upgrade to a second cp3 pump ,or one at industrial injection that pumps a huge amount more diesel than stock.
I have a twin turbo on my QSB 5,9 engine ,and I,m stuck at 550 hp /1000 lbs torque now ,at 52 psi boost ,If i want more ,I need a upgraded cp3 pump,a bigger turbo,and probably a set cilinder head studs ,to keep the cilinder head on the block at boost levels over 60 psi

As for the ecm ,you can piggy back the signals with for example a TST R49 unit ,this system alters the injector pulse duration,rail pressure ,and timing at different settings /levels .
off course its detectable ,because the logger built into the ecm can be read with a cummins tool ,and by looking at the pulse width ,rail press,timing ,can be seen the signals where out of reach.
Mads electronics in Italy can probably make a system that is not detectable ,and can be loaded into the ecm (if it has an ob3 port )
even this can be found by mainframes left in the ecm ,but Dodge /Chrysler /Cummins can,t tell what it was.......

great engines those qsb,s ,awesome torque monsters.

stirling

The original QSB engine couldn't handle the military 600hp ECM program. The 480 hp QSB was the engine built to handle the program. The 480 has a different turbo aftercooler and other items to flow enough air.

On fuel flow I posted this a while back in the "Diesel Engines in Speed boat" thread.

Originally Posted by 29Firefox (Post 2462900)
Past 550 hp on the QSB you start having problems with the lift pump and fuel filters starving the pressure pump. Easy fix bigger lift pump (Holley) and bigger filters (Racor). Don't forget that you have to filter down to 2 microns for the common rail injectors to survive. Past 600 hp injector flow isn't up to snuff. Have the tips extrude honed.Then some where between 750 hp and 800 hp the pressure pump can't keep up. Heard some people have gotten past that by adding an extra belt driven pressure pump plumbed parallel to the stock one. Ain't seen one in person yet.:p

You should go to that thread and peruse through it.

What ever you do to mess with the ECM the tech with an INSITE capable laptop is gonna find out. Warranty? What Warranty, You ain't got no stinkin warranty.:p

The problem is not the head bolts. Studs are real nice but they don't fix the problem with the head flexing. You need a Brazilian head. (Again check out the other thread)

Also for your fuel problems check these guys out.

http://www.dynomitediesel.com/

Again check out the other thread "Diesel Engines in Speed Boat" some of the dudes posting there have been around the Cummins 5.9 from "Way back in the day"