Notices

Transom lights.. Budget

Old 07-01-2017, 09:24 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Transom lights.. Budget

I have searched the forum with no luck. I figured there would be other poor boaters like myself. I have seen where people have paid 20k for 3 lights and yeah.... so, my question is this, has anyone tried any lights that aren't super expensive and had good results? I'm looking to spend 1k and was hoping to get something decent, I like RGB(don't have to have), only because it looks cool to me when the lights change color in the wake. I have a velocity 260 and was wanting 3 lights that would light up my wake pretty good. My boat is in the shop getting the transom done, figured now is the time to install. Thanks in advance, sorry I'm poor...
Old 07-01-2017, 10:36 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

I installed 3 Dagon lights. They are RGB and work off a remote control or phone wi-fi app. The colors are very good and they have a lifetime warranty against defects. Total was under $700. They are a good product and priced well. I struggled with this for a year and my decision fits what we need out of transom LED. I would post a photo, but doing so from a phone on this newer format sucks.
https://www.boatpluglight.com/collec...-transom-mount

Last edited by VoodooRob; 07-01-2017 at 10:41 PM.
Old 07-01-2017, 10:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by VoodooRob
I installed 3 Dagon lights. They are RGB and work off a remote control or phone wi-fi app. The colors are very good and they have a lifetime warranty against defects. Total was under $700. They are a good product and priced well. I struggled with this for a year and my decision fits what we need out of transom LED. I would post a photo, but doing so from a phone on this newer format sucks.
817-723-5584 text it, where did you rider these lights?
Old 07-01-2017, 10:52 PM
Registered

Buy**
Old 07-02-2017, 11:10 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

Sent pics and link to your #
Old 07-03-2017, 12:13 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

3 seablaze x will get it done and be less than a grand...

https://www.amazon.com/Lumitec-SeaBl...rds=seablaze+x
Old 07-03-2017, 01:15 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Dutchboy
I have searched the forum with no luck. I figured there would be other poor boaters like myself. I have seen where people have paid 20k for 3 lights and yeah.... so, my question is this, has anyone tried any lights that aren't super expensive and had good results? I'm looking to spend 1k and was hoping to get something decent, I like RGB(don't have to have), only because it looks cool to me when the lights change color in the wake. I have a velocity 260 and was wanting 3 lights that would light up my wake pretty good. My boat is in the shop getting the transom done, figured now is the time to install. Thanks in advance, sorry I'm poor...
Not to hijack your thread. Hoping you get the answer you're looking for. Are these lights legal to use while under power at night? I can't see how they could be.
Old 07-03-2017, 02:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by buck183
Not to hijack your thread. Hoping you get the answer you're looking for. Are these lights legal to use while under power at night? I can't see how they could be.
Excellent question Buck!
Old 07-03-2017, 05:39 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Has anyone found a kit that bolts on the upper drive caps instead of mounting to transom or drain plug? Just thinking there are a couple of possible mount points without going into transom.
Old 07-03-2017, 06:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do a search for boat bulb on ebay, I am pretty sure you will be lucky to get a cheap one for your budget of 1k

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.