Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Fountain Powerboat Industries reported a loss of profits (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/151361-fountain-powerboat-industries-reported-loss-profits.html)

DollaBill 02-13-2007 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by 100-Plus (Post 2025219)
NickOTeen,

Not going bankrupt ain't exactly hero work, I agree, but what the PB article said, if you read it, is that not going bankrupt is "great source of price" for Fountain. The guy who wrote the article quoted Reggie on subject, but made no comment one way or another on his "business acumen."

Not going bankrupt in the boat building business IS an accomplishment. Cigarette has done it 6 or seven times. NOT KNOCKING THEM. Just telling it like it is.

100-Plus 02-13-2007 11:33 AM

F-N-IGuy.com,

You now, when you look at the history of boat compaies, especially performance-boat companies, you're probably right.

DollaBill 02-13-2007 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by 100-Plus (Post 2025316)
F-N-IGuy.com,

You now, when you look at the history of boat compaies, especially performance-boat companies, you're probably right.

Been into these things since I was 4 or 5 years old. It's a fact. I know Reggie personally and the ONLY reason he is still in business is because he is THAT determined to win and NEVER, EVER stops working.

the duke 02-13-2007 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by F-N-iGuy.com (Post 2025296)
Not going bankrupt in the boat building business IS an accomplishment. Cigarette has done it 6 or seven times. .

When you start to make a list of the companies that have and have not ever gone bankrupt building boats, the list of the HAVE is longer than the have not.

THEJOKER 02-13-2007 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by F-N-iGuy.com (Post 2025296)
Not going bankrupt in the boat building business IS an accomplishment. Cigarette has done it 6 or seven times. NOT KNOCKING THEM. Just telling it like it is.

That's exactly right! Reggie is King and not a sellout!

Panther 02-13-2007 04:17 PM

SEC listing doesn't impress me... I don't know of any Wall Street traders who buy/sell Fountain stock as an investment... I might buy a little stock if I were a Fountain owner, to support the cause, but it ain't gonna make me rich. :rolleyes: Being public can actually hurt them, they're probably better off not being publicly traded. Then we would only hear about how they sell boats, making Cat Killers etc.,, not about profit loss/margin... LOL :eureka:

the duke 02-13-2007 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by Panther (Post 2025600)
Being public can actually hurt them, they're probably better off not being publicly traded.

If Reggie wanted to throw in an other $9million, he could take them private. The Market cap is only $18million, and he already ownes control

BamBam 02-14-2007 07:07 AM

Did I understand correctly there is no money for race teams anymore? Is that the reason there are so many Fountain Race Boats for sale this year?

GLH 02-14-2007 07:24 AM

Ups and down of business....

DaveP 02-14-2007 08:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by BamBam (Post 2026124)
Did I understand correctly there is no money for race teams anymore? Is that the reason there are so many Fountain Race Boats for sale this year?

Bubba in KW is going to have to look for a new Sugar Daddy :D