The Official Miami Boat Show Photo Thread >

The Official Miami Boat Show Photo Thread

Notices

The Official Miami Boat Show Photo Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 12:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BBB725
Cigarette, Formula, Hustler, Outerlimits, Nortech, Sea Ray, Carver, Intrepid, Boston Whaler to name a few had the same costs and asked me for nothing in return to look, touch and feel their boats. Everyone attending the show had to pay to get in and should be able to see the boats. Give me the option to sign up but don't force it on me.
I agree, will piss off potential buyers.
Old 02-16-2007, 12:40 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by BBB725
At the Fountain both they needed, name, address, phone number and e-mail to get in..
Maybe they wanted to run a background check ?

I always thought just the zip code worked just fine...

Then after receiving the color sticker for your area, the salesman knew who to approach...

Certainly would have been a turn off to have to give up personal information to view the boats on display...

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !

Last edited by SHARKEY-IMAGES; 02-16-2007 at 01:46 PM.
Old 02-16-2007, 01:01 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Damn, to look at some of these boats, i'm surprised you don't need 2 years of 1040s.
Old 02-16-2007, 01:05 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by F-N-iGuy.com
It may take a little time, but it costs Fountain over $325,000 to let you look at those boats every year (sometimes more than 325K per year between space and other costs).

fyi......................

nothing like a buisness expense tax write off...
Old 02-16-2007, 01:32 PM
Registered

I've been going to the Miami show almost every year since the early 1970's. I even remember when Fountains display was outside. I quit looking at the Fountains when they moved inside and started that info ****. I pay to get into the show, they pay to display, now they want to fingerprint me to look closer? No thanks. I'm there to enjoy the day, not to be pestered. I know their goal is to sell boats, but if I have questions or want additional info, I can ask.
Old 02-16-2007, 01:44 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Originally Posted by FeverMike
Sharkey, I really am not a hater but YOU are above and beyond a hater....geesh....seriously...you have a real mental problem. What did Fountain ever do to you? In every thread you have to keep dragging in the same drivel and point out your Fountain hating mentality....Tim...LISTEN UP...it's getting very vey old!

I am off to the show right now to enjoy all the boats and hardware.
Gee Mike,

Everyone was over joyed with all of the publicity they were getting over a new record breaking attempt (that never happened) prior to the Miami Show.

I for one enjoy to see all the boats.

I just found it quite odd that there hasn't been talk or any photos of the Fountain booth.

Yes, I brought it up, in hopes someone would get some photos of what they had to offer at the show.

The only thing I found so far was that you have to give out your personal information prior to looking at the Fountains.
In regards to my last comment, I thought maybe they had everyone hush hush because perhaps they were going to come out with some huge announcement.... That did not happened..... yet!

Now do us all a favor and get some pics of the all the boats for those of us that are not as lucky as you to be there in person!

You know if I was there I would have photos of everything including the Fountains !

I don't discriminate nor hate.

I see something, I call it like it is. Good or Bad !

Don't look for me to be Politically Correct.

When Fountain comes out with something worth praising I do so.

Such as: On The Chip Cintron Wazzup racing teams ect.

All great boats!

I never denied that.

I look forward to seeing your photoos...........

Old 02-16-2007, 01:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Stormrider
Damn, to look at some of these boats, i'm surprised you don't need 2 years of 1040s.
At the Lauderdale show a few years one of the brokers required a financial statement before you could board the larger yachts.
Old 02-16-2007, 02:19 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Talking

Originally Posted by sharkeymarine
Gee Mike,

Everyone was over joyed with all of the publicity they were getting over a new record breaking attempt (that never happened) prior to the Miami Show.

I for one enjoy to see all the boats.

I just found it quite odd that there hasn't been talk or any photos of the Fountain booth.

Yes, I brought it up, in hopes someone would get some photos of what they had to offer at the show.

The only thing I found so far was that you have to give out your personal information prior to looking at the Fountains.
In regards to my last comment, I thought maybe they had everyone hush hush because perhaps they were going to come out with some huge announcement.... That did not happened..... yet!

Now do us all a favor and get some pics of the all the boats for those of us that are not as lucky as you to be there in person!

You know if I was there I would have photos of everything including the Fountains !

I don't discriminate nor hate.

I see something, I call it like it is. Good or Bad !

Don't look for me to be Politically Correct.

When Fountain comes out with something worth praising I do so.

Such as: On The Chip Cintron Wazzup racing teams ect.

All great boats!

I never denied that.

I look forward to seeing your photoos...........

Now, I see your point....well put.... and I own a Fountain.

Looks like a good show this year.
Thanks to those bringing us the pics.
I usually don't take the time to do that when I attend these events. Happy hour interferes with the operation of the cameras.
Old 02-16-2007, 02:28 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Originally Posted by P Offshore
Now, I see your point....well put.... and I own a Fountain.

Looks like a good show this year.
Thanks to those bringing us the pics.
I usually don't take the time to do that when I attend these events. Happy hour interferes with the operation of the cameras.

Thanks !

I only wish I could be there but I scheduled majority of my vacation time around all the upcoming races and poker runs....

Old 02-16-2007, 02:59 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by marylandmark
That is what I do to them- if I want more info I will request more info, don't need them to spam more with it..
the cleveland boat show gave free mag. subscriptions if you filled out a form with your name and address...got powerboat, plus all sorts of junk mail..even got a letter for the coastgaurd about boating education..nothing puts a smile on your face faster than comming home, checking the mail, and finding a letter from the coast guard addressed to capt jack sparrow...hehehe made my day!!

Quick Reply: The Official Miami Boat Show Photo Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.