If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Gold Member Gold Member Lake Rat's Avatar
    Somerset, KY
    Nice video
    Its always shallow back there. If you go down stream about 1 mile (in fishing creek) you will find Lees Ford Marina where there have been 80' houseboats launched in the last 2 weeks. I have been out on the lake on several occasions and there is still lots of water out there.
    And yes you can launch a boat at Burnside island. I have personally launched a 30' boat there in the last two weeks and I happend to see them pulling a 70' boat out just before we arrive to launch our boat.
    The poker run will be fine, all the main ramps that poker run participants use will be fully operational.
    This is just another example of negative press that this lake does not need. I will still be boating out there every week

Our dealership has launched and ran several boats including a 40 footer. Lake Cumberland will be fine this year, 10 or so of the major launching ramps will be in operation with concrete being poured into the water. The lake even at 680 is bigger than Dale Hollow and most of the lakes in this area. Most people will be boating as usual and the ramps will be useable most everywhere. Negative press like the video above is doing nothing but hurt all the local business and communities that depend on the lake. Look at all the lakes that have speed restrictions, noise restrictions, size restrictions then ask yourself if dropping one of the largest lakes east of the Mississippi a few feet is really that bad.

My Boats:
    Hustler 388
    Quote Originally Posted by wild willy View Post
    the plug pulled

weres all the beer cans

You all are like me .if they did that here its a 3hour drive to the next body of water

Boost makes up for Cubic Inchs

Charter Member Charter Member Dean Ferry's Avatar
    My Boats:
    2006 Hustler 388, 2004 Hustler Talon 25, 1999 30 Spectre cat and 2007 21' hydrostream voyager w/ Merc. 225 EFI
    Merritt Is. Fl. USA
    Hope they raise the lake level soon. I think we'll pass on the Nordic regatta this year. Maybe next year
    Good luck,
    Everything is for sale @ a certain $$

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12