Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Krusin Kool (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/151613-krusin-kool.html)

Steel Outlawed 02-16-2007 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by BraceYourself (Post 2028605)
They are all out. Thanks for the link...

I found mine on e-bay. You might keep checking that way.

BraceYourself 02-16-2007 12:36 PM

Nothing on ebay right now, was hoping and oso'er had one for sale.

Panther 02-16-2007 01:54 PM

Probably not around cause they're $1K new. I would probably install a permanent system before spending $1K on a portable one.

Good idea if priced right!

BGIII 02-16-2007 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Panther (Post 2028758)
Probably not around cause they're $1K new. I would probably install a permanent system before spending $1K on a portable one.

Good idea if priced right!

All the hard parts are the same and cost the same as the units that are built in. It can actually be permanently installed with a few additional fittings and holes in the bottom of your boat if you choose to do that down the road. It is a permanent system that is installed in a suitcase and built for those that don't want the weight of permanent air or are afraid that A/C components cannot take the punishment. It is not one of those ice chest deals that claim to be a/c, it is the real deal.

I don't have shorepower on my boat and don't want to give up the space for the unit, the hoses and ducting so it works great for me for now.

BraceYourself 02-16-2007 02:48 PM

I agree I don't want to put holes in my hull. Also my last cig i put ac in I rateled something loose on it in 6 weeks. The nice thing is I would only take it aboard when times warranted it.

The big question is how in the heck can I get one...

US1 Fountain 02-16-2007 03:30 PM

I have a 5000BTU Crusie-Air hatch air I'm selling since i went the permament A/C route. Not quite as compact as the suitcase style, but works great. Going to put a sign up at the marina this spring just because I don't wanna have to mess with shipping it.

BraceYourself 02-16-2007 03:48 PM

The hatch ones aren't as convenient as the suitcase. Thanks anyways...

jmackin 02-16-2007 05:57 PM

I've found 4or5 for friends in the last yr or so. I found mine on a sailor site. Just keep looking. If I find one I'll let you know.

Macklin 02-17-2007 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by t500hps (Post 2028471)
Macklin either here or on Speedwake has a used one for sale.

Nope! Not me. But I do have AC built into the boat that's for sale. :D

TexomaPowerboater 08-03-2010 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by BGIII (Post 2028765)
All the hard parts are the same and cost the same as the units that are built in. It can actually be permanently installed with a few additional fittings and holes in the bottom of your boat if you choose to do that down the road. It is a permanent system that is installed in a suitcase and built for those that don't want the weight of permanent air or are afraid that A/C components cannot take the punishment. It is not one of those ice chest deals that claim to be a/c, it is the real deal.

I don't have shorepower on my boat and don't want to give up the space for the unit, the hoses and ducting so it works great for me for now.

Do you run these air conditioners off your battery? Or do you have a generator? I always thought they consumed to much electricity to run off the battery.