Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   This is F***ing Crazy.... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/151716-f%2A%2A%2Aing-crazy.html)

fatdaddy 02-19-2007 11:35 PM

:eek: :cool:

Zudnic 02-20-2007 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by Hot4Teacher (Post 2031436)
They race them on the Salmon River

Jet boats are awesome. My Idaho boat is a 19' Glastron Jet with a big block Ford, it's quick..

Think the vintage hydros are going to be in my town during the Salmon River races! :(

There is an older 19' Glastron jet forsale near my house, pass it daily.

Friends of the my family had a late 70's Glastron/Carlson CVX with an old style 80 Mercury egg beater.... They kept it at our house so it was a fun cool little boat to play with. :D

Coleman 02-20-2007 05:32 AM

I like it !!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

Hot4Teacher 02-21-2007 05:02 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Zudnic (Post 2032123)
Think the vintage hydros are going to be in my town during the Salmon River races! :(

There is an older 19' Glastron jet forsale near my house, pass it daily.

Friends of the my family had a late 70's Glastron/Carlson CVX with an old style 80 Mercury egg beater.... They kept it at our house so it was a fun cool little boat to play with. :D

It's a fun little boat for smooth water.

wrinkleface 02-21-2007 06:02 PM

[QUOTE=Audiofn;2030147]There is a PIZZED OFF BEAVER some place :D:D

And we all know that U do not want deal w/ a POB!!!:p :evilb:

Zudnic 02-21-2007 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by Hot4Teacher (Post 2034251)
It's a fun little boat for smooth water.

Alot of companies copied that design in the late seventies early eighties. Even with a 80 Merc outbord our friends Glastron was a good little runner. Good jumper over bigger boat wakes too! :D

Wobble 02-22-2007 09:26 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Here was one of mine. 600hp 509BBC, blueprinted Berkley pump, total sleeper. Had a lot of fun in it but the ride was too hard on my back. 1976 Taylor SS.

Zudnic 02-22-2007 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Wobble (Post 2034987)
Here was one of mine. 600hp 509BBC, blueprinted Berkley pump, total sleeper. Had a lot of fun in it but the ride was too hard on my back. 1976 Taylor SS.

I was looking at something sim. awhile back. Think I have a pic on my other computer.

Like the style and the few times I've boated on lakes in something that looked like your Taylor, it was a rental so powered by outboard. Japenese engine forget which and the HP, early oil injection, is the only thing can remember.

Nostalgia makes me want one eventually..... :drink:

Wobble 02-22-2007 02:42 PM

I would like to have that boat back, it's been a few years, so now I can only remember the pluses:D

First time we punched it with the big motor in it, the torque put a 6' long crack through the hull along the port stringer, the boat would have surely sunk except for the new glue in carpet:eek:

Next time out with completely redone floor and stringers, went and punched it again and snapped off the drivers seat.

It ran mid eighties, but it's strong suit was how quick it got there:D

tblrklakemo 02-22-2007 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by buck183 (Post 2030885)
I've seen TV coverage of that before. Pretty crazy stuff.

I've never had the chance to do it in a boat, but I have done the same thing on a Jet Ski many times. Some of the best fun I've ever had riding my skis.

Buck

Yes, we used to jump the large pieces of foam that float out from under docks. It can make a mess so you have to do it away from other boats and lake patrol. Very fun.