Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   New boater (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/151745-new-boater.html)

AIR TIME 02-21-2007 11:42 PM

what size , drive, motor, tabs or k planes do you have, if its stock under 70mph, you shouldn't have any chine walk to worry about. why I ask is when I picked up my boat it ran 60, which was fast as hell to me after 2yrs went with a bigger motor 67mph bigger tabs 280s k planes, then about every couple of yrs went bigger, now have have 670hp running 83 will be running a little higher this season bigger prop, but all so ext steering, 380s k planes, nexted will build mster motor but will have a longer hull to put it in. some trade boats every 2yrs me motors:D so what do you have.

GeoGraphics 02-22-2007 08:13 AM

Sounds like a fun project. Feel free to give me a call and I can give you ideas of what you can do.

Check out my web site too at www.coolgrafix.net

416-274-6285
Thank You Sutphil for the referal. You still need to come by the shop one day.
Hope to talk to you soon
Thank You,

Chris Diamond

rooster 02-22-2007 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by AGGRAVATION28 (Post 2034109)
Rooster...what size Velocity and what power?

Just a baby at 23.5' with 365horses running under the bed. I know this is sad, but I don't know for sure what the engine is yet. I scored a great deal off a family member who is not all that serious about boating, and only used it one summer. I'll be taking a trip to see the boat next month and close the deal. I am hoping to contact Regal or Velocity to get the spec's on the boat (not sure if they will still have documentation they could send me thou). Next stop will be the velocity forum to see if anyone over there has any details.

rooster 02-22-2007 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by 1bagger (Post 2033876)
Congrats on the new boat . Maybe we will see you this summer . I will be keeping my TG in Toronto for most of the summer .:drink:

Awsome. I am hoping to bring the boat across the border from the US around the end of April (which is another research topic soon to be posted). I still have to figure out a dock yard to launch from and ideally keep the trailor and boat at for the summer season. Once in the water and everything is a go, I will drop you a post to see whereabouts you are.

rooster 02-22-2007 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by NJgr8ful (Post 2031744)
Yeaaahhhhh here come the Rooster ... yeahh yeahh

~~Alice in Chains~~

Welcome to the Show!

Indeed :-]_

rooster 02-22-2007 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by AIR TIME (Post 2034728)
what size , drive, motor, tabs or k planes do you have, if its stock under 70mph, you shouldn't have any chine walk to worry about. why I ask is when I picked up my boat it ran 60, which was fast as hell to me after 2yrs went with a bigger motor 67mph bigger tabs 280s k planes, then about every couple of yrs went bigger, now have have 670hp running 83 will be running a little higher this season bigger prop, but all so ext steering, 380s k planes, nexted will build mster motor but will have a longer hull to put it in. some trade boats every 2yrs me motors:D so what do you have.

This is outside my league AIR TIME :-( Hopefully after this summer I will know the lingo and be able to answer your question and sound like I know what I'm talking about . . . like you said after you picked up your boat, I'm thinking its gonna seem really fast until I get the feel of how she handles.

Yours truly,
Amateur Boater :-(

rooster 02-22-2007 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by GeoGraphics (Post 2034907)
Sounds like a fun project. Feel free to give me a call and I can give you ideas of what you can do.

Check out my web site too at

416-274-6285
Thank You Sutphil for the referal. You still need to come by the shop one day.
Hope to talk to you soon
Thank You,

Chris Diamond

Great site! Those are some very serious custom jobs I viewed in the gallery. I am hoping to have some pics taken of my boat next month when I get back from Boston (where I am picking up the boat in april/may timeframe). I can send them to you with some general ideas of how I think I would like the boat to look. I'm sure I won't do anything as serious as the racing boats on your site, but she will need a paint job as right now the boat looks very dull with the grey/white scheme. Thanks for following up.

GeoGraphics 02-23-2007 07:25 AM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by rooster (Post 2035792)
Great site! Those are some very serious custom jobs I viewed in the gallery. I am hoping to have some pics taken of my boat next month when I get back from Boston (where I am picking up the boat in april/may timeframe). I can send them to you with some general ideas of how I think I would like the boat to look. I'm sure I won't do anything as serious as the racing boats on your site, but she will need a paint job as right now the boat looks very dull with the grey/white scheme. Thanks for following up.

No problem, there are no jobs to big or small.
I look forward to hearing from you.

A few pics of an 18 foot Silverline I did this past month to fill in time between big jobs. Before and after pics. Solid colors are paint and the graphics are just vinyl.

Thanks again,

Chris Diamond

rooster 02-23-2007 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by GeoGraphics (Post 2035955)
No problem, there are no jobs to big or small.
I look forward to hearing from you.

A few pics of an 18 foot Silverline I did this past month to fill in time between big jobs. Before and after pics. Solid colors are paint and the graphics are just vinyl.

Thanks again,

Chris Diamond

Looks great Chris. I'm thinking my boat will be a similiar small job at 23ft. I will be searching the net over the next few months and will note some color schemes. Once I have zoned in on something, we'll chat some more. Thanks.

GeoGraphics 02-23-2007 10:52 PM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by rooster (Post 2036805)
Looks great Chris. I'm thinking my boat will be a similiar small job at 23ft. I will be searching the net over the next few months and will note some color schemes. Once I have zoned in on something, we'll chat some more. Thanks.

A few more pics but of a 21 Starcraft from a few years ago.
It was all red and white (very ugly) before we did this complete paint job on it. The owner at the time hung out at "Snug Harbour" all the time in Port Credit.

Again, I look forward to talking with you.

Thank You,

Chris Diamond