Notices

New boater

Old 02-21-2007, 10:27 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on the new boat . Maybe we will see you this summer . I will be keeping my TG in Toronto for most of the summer .
Old 02-21-2007, 10:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on the boat purchase and welcome to the board. Lots of great info here. When it comes to safety and comfort in driving your boat, it was said best above that it takes seat time to figure out how the boat reacts to different water/trim/speeds/etc. Take a couple of days and a few tanks of gas to learn how you can expect the boat to react and just stay in your comfort zone. My philosophy is to leave the real racing to the guys with racing harnesses and oxygen tanks, not a good way to spend a weekend with the wife and kids. Good luck and be safe. By the way, you just opened up a big pit you never knew you had to throw a lot of money into, but dang it is fun. Hammer
Old 02-21-2007, 02:19 PM
Registered

Rooster...what size Velocity and what power?
Old 02-21-2007, 03:34 PM
Registered

Good Luck ..... and welcome!

The only thing more important than how fast your boat runs
is being alive and well to brag about it when your back on shore
Old 02-21-2007, 04:11 PM
Registered

Received 99 Likes on 47 Posts

rooster,
My boat will be on Lake Nipissing most of the summer, but may keep it at Port Credit or Bronte for a few weekends if there are things going on. Sharkey's is no more, instead we have million dollar condos. Just not fair, I misspent my youth there.
Old 02-21-2007, 04:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by DKerns
I would recommend that you place a post in the Velocity section. You should be able to get some good input from there.
Good Luck!
Thanks for the direction. Will do.
Old 02-21-2007, 04:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by StillHaulin@61
Good Luck ..... and welcome!

The only thing more important than how fast your boat runs
is being alive and well to brag about it when your back on shore

Agreed :-)
Old 02-21-2007, 04:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by hammer01
Congrats on the boat purchase and welcome to the board. Lots of great info here. When it comes to safety and comfort in driving your boat, it was said best above that it takes seat time to figure out how the boat reacts to different water/trim/speeds/etc. Take a couple of days and a few tanks of gas to learn how you can expect the boat to react and just stay in your comfort zone. My philosophy is to leave the real racing to the guys with racing harnesses and oxygen tanks, not a good way to spend a weekend with the wife and kids. Good luck and be safe. By the way, you just opened up a big pit you never knew you had to throw a lot of money into, but dang it is fun. Hammer

Indeed. This one will hurt the budget for sure . . . of course what I don't spend on the boat the girlfriend is gonna spend anyway :-) I am going to research the cost of a paint job or Decals this week (whatever is cheapest). I have a lot to learn yet!
Old 02-21-2007, 05:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Thong Fellow
Get out in open water and drop the hammer keep her sraight,trim her up till you feal her get up on the pad she should stay rock solid and fast on that pad. When you turn just trim her in all the way pull back on the stick a touch and turn her left or right and she should dig in as if she was on rails. Straighten up drop the hammer again trim her out and repeat.

Remember Velocitys are a drivers boat the more seat time you have the easyer she will be to drive.

Good luck and if you need anything drop a line on the Velocity Thread and let use know. Or give me a pm.

Brian TF Surguy
I can almost imagine being in the boat by your description, thx. With yours and everyones replies, I am started to get very excited about this summer! Too bad it was another 3 months away for us Canucks!
Old 02-21-2007, 08:24 PM
Registered

Received 99 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by rooster
I am going to research the cost of a paint job or Decals this week (whatever is cheapest). I have a lot to learn yet!
GeoGraphics is here on OSO and located in Burlington (I think) try him for ideas on paint/graphics.

Quick Reply: New boater

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.