Notices

Cig vs. Donzi

Old 02-20-2007, 06:51 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I think either way--they are both great boats. If you were looking at the "sitdown boats", I would get the Donzi over the Gladiator.

otherwise, I would go for the 39Top Gun with the 700's.

****If "reslae" value is aconcern (it should be) then why not buy a low hour, clean boat that will cost you $100K less than new? This will reduce the "depreciation" factor considerably.
Old 02-20-2007, 07:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Typhoon has a 43 with 6's and Teague motors

http://www.typhoonperformancemarine.com/newboat43ZR.htm
Old 02-20-2007, 07:39 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Wild
RESALE -, but that is a hard descision, i just want to see another cig at LOTO - If you spend 500k on a cig and go to sell it in a year you will only get 400k if that ,if you spent 400 on a 43 with 850s and 6s you will have a very limited market and maybe get 250 on a good day. New boats are hard on the pocket book - better resale and more buyers on the cig, but higher price - good luck with the decision
Randy, were you down at the lake this past weekend?
Old 02-20-2007, 08:02 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.com/page-13091.html

this one was asking 399k.... see cigs go up in value!!!
Old 02-20-2007, 08:20 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mentalpause
Randy, were you down at the lake this past weekend?
Yep we had a trade show at the Lodge, Leaving for Miami on Wed night for the poker run, when you bringing that f4 down to FL for me to drive

Wild
Old 02-20-2007, 08:31 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

If you like black and green on a 39 Cig, we can take your boat in on trade. The Donzi is no slouch though. There is one coming in with 700's as well. Both are great boats. It's up to you!
Old 02-20-2007, 08:31 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Wild
Yep we had a trade show at the Lodge, Leaving for Miami on Wed night for the poker run, when you bringing that f4 down to FL for me to drive

Wild
I thought I saw you at the trade show. I said something to my wife that I thought it was you, and she just kept walking on towards the exit. I should have stopped.

The boat is on the way back from the Atlantic City show to the factory. They are going to put a generator in it and then return it to the lake. Not sure about the timeline, but it should not be too much longer.

Have a good trip down to FL. We will hook up this spring.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by omerta one
I currently own a 2006 38zr w/525's. Went to Miami with the intention of trading into a Cig; 2007 39TG w/700's NXT, but for the same money could have a Donzi 43ZR w/850's and 6's or 700's NXT and save $100k. It is my intention to run in Florida during the winters, LOTO in the summer.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? I'm just not really seeing the the difference/benefit of the Cig for the dollars.
Just beware, once you buy your first cig, you will not buy anything else, its a drug.
Once you are in the family there is only one way out (in my best mobster voice)

Have fun testdriving both, see you at LOTO

Wild
Old 02-20-2007, 09:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Mentalpause
I thought I saw you at the trade show. I said something to my wife that I thought it was you, and she just kept walking on towards the exit. I should have stopped.

The boat is on the way back from the Atlantic City show to the factory. They are going to put a generator in it and then return it to the lake. Not sure about the timeline, but it should not be too much longer.

Have a good trip down to FL. We will hook up this spring.
We will be down again at the Builders expo the weekend of March 23rd
Old 02-20-2007, 09:12 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by omerta one
I currently own a 2006 38zr w/525's. Went to Miami with the intention of trading into a Cig; 2007 39TG w/700's NXT, but for the same money could have a Donzi 43ZR w/850's and 6's or 700's NXT and save $100k. It is my intention to run in Florida during the winters, LOTO in the summer.
Anyone have any thoughts on this? I'm just not really seeing the the difference/benefit of the Cig for the dollars.
If that is your plan, go with a Cig from Phil. It's alot of fun building a boat with Phil, Neill and Skip. Keep the boat at Spinnaker/TNT (Phil's) place in the winter where you just call and let them know you're on your way, the boats in the water and you just drop it off at Phil's dock when you leave. Your boat will always be like brand new! Best boating I've ever done. 39TG with 700's/NXT (no problem with the drives) is big, no hassle, fun.

Do you pay a little more... probubly. But when you decide to let it go, there is no better used boat to sell than a "Lip-Ship" Cig.

Quick Reply: Cig vs. Donzi

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.