Notices

Cig vs. Donzi

Old 02-21-2007, 10:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Shanghied Again
I wouldn't beat up on a Donzi I saw better resale on a 2005 38 ZR then on a Cigarette. maybe because the market is not flooded with them yet. And guys yes Cigarette is the tops when it comes to fit and finish I will agree, Cigarette is still one of my loves but I did sell Cigarettes and Donzi the 38ZR is one of the best running, performing and best lauching boats I have ever been in. The 43 ZR can not be compaired with the 39 Cigarette, two different boats all together. the 43ZR is a wave crusher our 43 runs out with number 6 drives and teague 900s at 105 mph and solid as a rock, the 39 TG is a great boat boat but can't run the big water like a 43ZR with number 6 drives. Either boat is a great choice but don't look at resale the ZRs are holding value pretty well: Omerta One if you would like a great deal on a 43 contact me I will give you a great return on that ZR.
Not that it matters what I think but DONZI zr38 is doing well across the pond racing and they did kick azz in F2 here in apba when they came out racing in rough or smooth water
Old 02-22-2007, 09:18 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by omerta one
Anyone have any thoughts on this? I'm just not really seeing the the difference/benefit of the Cig for the dollars.
Donzi's do nothing for me but the important thing is essentially what ever rig makes YOU happier with the dollars in mind obviously.

I won't talk about re-sale or ride or whatever, that is for you to evaluate... all boats are freaking money pits form a bad degree to an atrocious degree, so passion should prevail above all...
Old 02-22-2007, 09:40 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
From what I've heard, from sources with direct access, some boats handle funky with them some dont. I would assume it is x dimension related since when the drive is hooked up to a #6 lower the problem is solved.
Its not the the lower gearcase shape or design of the NXT-1 that is causing handling issues, its the skeg/rudder-length/depth on high X dimension/tight staggered hulls, Fountain and Outerlimits in particuler, look @ the #6 skeg and you could use it for plowing your fields
Old 02-22-2007, 03:44 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by GLH
Donzi's do nothing for me but the important thing is essentially what ever rig makes YOU happier with the dollars in mind obviously.

I won't talk about re-sale or ride or whatever, that is for you to evaluate... all boats are freaking money pits form a bad degree to an atrocious degree, so passion should prevail above all...
I couldn't have said it any better...