Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Anyone have a So. Florida trailer?? Or similar style?? >

Anyone have a So. Florida trailer?? Or similar style??

Notices

Anyone have a So. Florida trailer?? Or similar style??

Old 02-21-2007, 04:52 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts
Default Anyone have a So. Florida trailer?? Or similar style??

I had a major problem with loading (and unloading) our TG on and off of our So. Fl. trailer. The issue was it's only built with the roller style bow stop and the eye cleat had to roll over the bow stop on the trailer. This is a major issue when the trailer is down in the water and the boat is in the water at a different angle.

The result was the boat would never load easily and it actually put some scratches in the gel near the eye cleat. It was so bad that I actuallly dreaded loading the boat at the end of the day.

I saw my buddies trailer for his TG and there was an extra "V" style bunk in front of the winch/roller.

Basically I had a local trailer shop make up this piece. Turned out to be 300.00 bucks and has made a night and day difference in launching/loading.

If anyone is interested in getting one for their trailer I'll have them make one for you.

Here's examples of what I'm talking about. I haven't had the chance to take a pic of my exact piece but will if anyone is interested.

Tank
Attached Thumbnails Anyone have a So. Florida trailer?? Or similar style??-new-graphics-done.jpg   Anyone have a So. Florida trailer?? Or similar style??-trailer.jpg  
Old 02-21-2007, 06:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had one for my 31 Chapperal and hated the dam thing!!! every time I tried to load the boat it would move around due to the fact that it floated. HATED IT
Old 02-21-2007, 06:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by cosmic12
I had one for my 31 Chapperal and hated the dam thing!!! every time I tried to load the boat it would move around due to the fact that it floated. HATED IT
I've heard that the aluminum trailers float...We've never had a problem with that. And it actually tows really well. Other than the bow stop issue I addressed, it's a great trailer.
Old 02-21-2007, 07:38 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had exactly the same problem with my SFT under my 38 Scarab.
Actually messed up the bow on a few occasions. I redid the winch position forward and use some heavy duty safety chains both fore and aft. I should probably just fabricate a new tower like yours. Thanks for the input. - Jeff
Old 02-21-2007, 08:02 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

The bow eye should go UNDER the bow stop, not over it. But the split stop setup solves your problem too!!
Old 02-21-2007, 10:24 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by t500hps
The bow eye should go UNDER the bow stop, not over it. But the split stop setup solves your problem too!!
I always thought that too but the boat came with the bow eye over the roller. Plus when I put the boat with the eye under the roller it would sit too far back off the trailer. I was going to adjust the roller so the eye would be under but the roller would have to be put to far up. The bow eye sits really high up on the trailer.

The other problem I had when loading was the weight of the boat would be put on the roller arm and would sway way out to either side (kind've scary!). So if I raised the roller up to put the eye under it I was afraid it would've made this problem worse.

The whole set up was just a nightmare. I figured I couldn't be the only one with this problem. So if anyone else needs one of these things its the best $$$ you can spend!
Old 02-21-2007, 10:26 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Tank the race deck flooring is nice.I have some in my shop.
Old 02-21-2007, 10:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JCPERF
Tank the race deck flooring is nice.I have some in my shop.
SHEEEEEEEEEEET! I wish that was my floor...That's Kims floor at "The Graphics Co." who did the graphics
Old 02-22-2007, 09:41 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I've got the same pos bow stop on my So. FL. trailer for a 24 Pantera. Only I have the opposite problem. The stop on mine is too far above the bow eye and I can't get my full cover on unless the boat is backed off the trailer slightly. We're going to try and cut down the 2 pieces that form the receiver, so the stop can slide down further (it's all the way down now.)

If that doesn't work I may need to look into what you've done.
Old 02-22-2007, 12:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ziemer
I've got the same pos bow stop on my So. FL. trailer for a 24 Pantera. Only I have the opposite problem. The stop on mine is too far above the bow eye and I can't get my full cover on unless the boat is backed off the trailer slightly. We're going to try and cut down the 2 pieces that form the receiver, so the stop can slide down further (it's all the way down now.)

If that doesn't work I may need to look into what you've done.
Let me know....I'm telling you, it's made a GIANT difference.

Quick Reply: Anyone have a So. Florida trailer?? Or similar style??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.