Need some Florida advice...

Notices

Need some Florida advice...

Old 02-21-2007, 01:05 PM
BZ
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by hammer01
Mike, what's up buddy, I saw your question and contacted my good friend who is a district guy with Enterprise and he is checking to see how exotic they get with the local rental stores in miami and south beach area. I will let you know as soon as he calls me back, or call me because he will also need an idea of your dates. Hammer
Hey I know a guy that works for Enterprise also...LOL...BZ
Old 02-21-2007, 01:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is actually a great beach there...it think its a closed AF or Naval base turned park. Really nice with a rock cropping that makes somewhat of a lagoon. Great times in the lagoon...just ask the people watching from the beach!!!

My directions leave a little to be desired...ask any of the locals, it's kinda a honeyhole off the beaten path but close.
Old 02-21-2007, 01:52 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bob Zubik
Quit posting on OSO and get my Chili Pepper tickets!
Old 02-21-2007, 02:05 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

If all goes well with my life I go to Key West monthly. Technically I live in KW but I earn my keep in Detroit. Lately direct fares into KW have been high. I would recommend flying to fll and rent a car one way for 1 day (35.00 avg.) Rent two scooters for your stay. I hate having a car on the island. And rent a one way for your return. The additional 25 miles to fll is offset by the speed of the new rental lot at the airport. Very easy, and in terminal. MIA is to be avoided. Dirty, slow off site rentals.
In reasonable traffic the trip is 4 hours 1.15 to mm115 (Florida City) and 2.45 for the last 115 miles (47mph avg).

If it's just the 2 of you, try a B&B in Old Town
I have personally stayed here
http://www.cocopluminn.com/home.html and the location cannot be beat (30 paces to the Green Parrot). You may want to look here too.
http://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals...rida/keys#2706
I also have a 2b2b rental condo on KW if interested PM me.

As far as beaches fort Zach is a 10 min walk and is nice for KW. While drinking is a sport here, there is plenty to do and see. A couple of local favs are our local baseball team (the Fighting Conchs!!)are very good and the season just started. Show up hungry, the players moms make some of the best Pork, Black beans and rice on the island. Turtle races Monday and Friday at 6:00 PM are a must for us as well. It's hard to have a bad day in KW.

Good Luck

PS
For your return drive leave no less than 6 hours before your flight. If all goes well you will arrive in terminal 1:45 minutes early.
Old 02-21-2007, 02:08 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fantastixvoyage
There is actually a great beach there...it think its a closed AF or Naval base turned park. Really nice with a rock cropping that makes somewhat of a lagoon. Great times in the lagoon...just ask the people watching from the beach!!!

My directions leave a little to be desired...ask any of the locals, it's kinda a honeyhole off the beaten path but close.
I hope your not referring to Fort Zachery. That a family beach not a family making beach
Old 02-21-2007, 02:47 PM
Registered

Haha! That is the beach. Agreed...except for this day. I was there with my g/f at the time and we were looking to get away from the bars and relax a bit. Except everyone there was partying/drinking. Very weird compared to how it normally is...may have been spring break or something. No families...then or 9 months later!

Mike - it's a cool place either way, well worth checking out.

Sidenote...has anyone flown usa3000 or something like that? VERY limited cities but some of the filghts are dirt cheap.
Old 02-21-2007, 03:36 PM
Registered

grow your pony tail back
Old 02-21-2007, 03:53 PM
Registered

Marcy and I drove from the Miami show 4 years ago. We stayed the first night in Islamorada. I guess the keys were not what I expected. The drive was actually quite boring. I thought it was fun, but next time, its flying right into Key West, and get the party started!!! KS
Old 02-21-2007, 05:05 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Mike - great choice for a spring break destination.
We've only been there once, for the races in '04 and had a blast.
We stayed at one of B&B's right on Duvall, they had small rooms in an unattached building from the main house that opened right into a huge garden/pool area, so if you wanted to relax and get away from the party out front on the street, it was a good place to relax.

I was questioning driving down from Miami myself, and I'm glad I didn't. As stated, you won't need a car - matter of fact, it looked like finding parking would be a pain in the azz, or you may even have to pay for it in addition to your room. I didn't even rent a scooter there, just did a lot of walking. Not sure I would have been capable of operating the scooter anyway
Have a great time.
Old 02-21-2007, 05:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Bob Zubik
Probably right, when are we going snowmobiling up north? What does next weekend look like for you and your gang, I am trying to put together a group for the U.P. probably Houghton and maybe we will take this pony-tail-less guy with us too. I said something to Dennis and I do not think it would be hard to talk him into it. Hammer

Quick Reply: Need some Florida advice...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.