Notices

Best 496 headers?

Old 02-25-2007, 08:54 AM
Lakeside Restorations.com
Commercial Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Undertaker
Purchased mine from Jaime @ Lakeside Restorations a sponsor on here give him a call he is very knowlegeable and willing to answer any questions IMO. Good luck

Thanks..

Your manifolds & risers arrived on friday.. Bling bling! The tips are still on the way..

Btw: I believe I said labor to install the manifolds is a minimum of 3-4 hrs depending on application, not including the tips..
The Cmi system takes even more time to do due to line mods & other relocations..

Jamie / Lakeside
Old 02-25-2007, 10:42 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by DONZI33
Thanks..

Your manifolds & risers arrived on friday.. Bling bling! The tips are still on the way..

Btw: I believe I said labor to install the manifolds is a minimum of 3-4 hrs depending on application, not including the tips..
The Cmi system takes even more time to do due to line mods & other relocations..

Jamie / Lakeside
Cool when we gettin those bad boys installed..... 3-4, 5 hrs whatever they are a lot less than CMI'S thats what I was trying to say.

Undertaker
Old 02-25-2007, 10:57 AM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

Sweet....let us know how the dana product turns out. I am very close to buying something like that. What is needed for install besides nut drivers and a torque wrench? Any special tools?
Old 02-25-2007, 11:08 AM
Registered

Will do...
Old 02-25-2007, 03:29 PM
Commercial Member

Originally Posted by tblrklakemo
Sweet....let us know how the dana product turns out. I am very close to buying something like that. What is needed for install besides nut drivers and a torque wrench? Any special tools?

Check you PM Box..

Old 02-25-2007, 03:29 PM
Commercial Member

Cool when we gettin those bad boys installed..... 3-4, 5 hrs whatever they are a lot less than CMI'S thats what I was trying to say.

Undertaker

No problem.. I think you will like them.. THe shine alone should be good for some attention.. lol..

They will be in for when you pick up the ride..

Jamie / Lakeside
Old 02-25-2007, 04:37 PM
Registered

Cool....talk to ya later...
Old 02-25-2007, 04:56 PM
Commercial Member

Cool....talk to ya later...

Old 02-26-2007, 12:13 AM
Registered

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

Just ordered the new Dana Marine exhaust for my Donzi 22 classic w/ 496 HO was told 40-45 hp gains about 3 hrs install time and if ya put there new exhaust tips on you will notice a VERY NICE sound.....can not wait for spring

How do you get 40-50 more horsepower from an engine that uses a speed-density fuel injection system? Are you having the computer reprogrammed, and, if so, how do you reprogram the computer?

Michael
Old 02-26-2007, 08:11 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have been doing some light research on the 496 exhaust as well. Some things I have been told are the fact that without changing internals or adding an "air maker", the exhaust is where the horsepower gains are. CMI has dyno sheets showing 50 HP. The gains are produced by the scavenging effect of the long primary tube header. I guess EMI and the like (aluminum manifold similar to stock) produce some HP but less than headers. I haven't seen any actual dyno sheets. It is also my understanding that the results from adding exhaust shown on the 454/502's mean nothing on the 496 platform. And I get the impression from reading Raylar's comments that the stock exhaust isn't that bad and the improvements from aftermarket is minimal without making the motor flow more air from changing cam, heads, etc.

So what do us "frugal" guys do to gain around 50 hp?

Anyone with a crystal ball or money tree?

Quick Reply: Best 496 headers?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.