If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Charter Member #415 Charter Member
    My Boats:
    1968 Switzer Shooting Star,1967 Switzer Shooting Star,1963 Glasspar G-3
    Let's chill a minute,folks. I didn't start this thread to get into a contest of what groups of boaters cause the most problems. For every bass boat guy that makes me mad,there is a corresponding Poker Run guy,or personal watercraft guy that is just as frustrating. I was only trying to point out that it is not the type or size of boat that causes a problem,it is the operator of the boat,and that relates to the whole premise of our lawsuit against the Alabama Dept of Consevation over the boat ban bill. Our view is to punish the bad operator,not the type or size of boat,and this is a good example of why we are right. Swindle may not reflect the attitude of most bassboaters,but he sure did draw attention to what our side has been saying all along. The judge in our case is a fisherman,hopefully he will see all the media attention a "legal" boat is getting and realize it is NOT about the boat,it is about the operator.

My Boats:
    24' Pantera
    Apache Jct. AZ
    Magicfloat - I agree.
    That is why I posted what I did.
    I hope that it wasn't taken the wrong way.
    There's an azzhat in every crowd.

WOW,-inspect- thats funny all the dings and scratches....yea thats why there bad boaters..HAHAHAA...WASH YOUR BOATS OR ELSE......

Gold Member Gold Member phragle's Avatar
    My Boats:
    22 Avanti, 25 Nova, 2 turtle doves and a partridge in a pear tree,SBYC
    Toledo Oh
    please read the fine print

My Boats:

Charter Member Charter Member Ted G's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Marlago 35 FS, 18 Neptune CC
    Edgerock Baby!!
    Quote Originally Posted by fastcat300 View Post
    WOW,-inspect- thats funny all the dings and scratches....yea thats why there bad boaters..HAHAHAA...WASH YOUR BOATS OR ELSE......

Nah, you missed my point. There are the serious guys-a tournament fisherman will keep his stuff on pristine shape and pre-flight it before every day of fishing to make sure it's perfect. But there are the bass chasers that simply use the boat like a golf cart to get them to the next "hole". Since they are more interested in drinkin' and fishin', they aren't so much interested in boatin'. There are some offshore guys that act the same way, just seems to be fewer. And when I say dings I should have said "chunks" like from dock hits running up on the ramp.
    Chesapeake Bay Powerboat Association

My Boats:!/matt.conroy.90

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234