Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   With utmost respect AMF (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/152207-utmost-respect-amf.html)

loose cannon 02-25-2007 03:16 AM

With utmost respect AMF

TO John Haggin and staff

Sorry to write this late.
thank you for incredible hospitality at the Destin Worlds and other places that i have enjoyed myself first as a spectator, then a volunteer patrol boat - now to a racer, SBI, S-77 in '06 P3-2 in '07.

I don't know how you put all this 2gether
I know you have the passion like me who breaths, eats, dreams offshore racing.
-- you are truly one of a kind, and i will go on record saying you will go down in history as one of the best -- i strongly believe that without you taking over the entire offshore racing sport and industry we have very little chance of bringing it back to the luster of what this sport was back in the '60's , '70's '80's the likes of Don Arrnow, Charilie McCarthy (Top Bannana), Bettie Cook (KAAMA) -not to take anything away from SBI, APBA, OPA, OSS and others who are thriving to do the same.
i hope and wish that you will see this thing all the way.
You probably don't remember talking to me after the
'04 Key West World Championship but i surely remember you as you were talkiing about making a difference.

Great effort with live coverage at the Destin Worlds.
Hats off to you and your staff, including Laurie:drink:
You guys are a class act of our sport and your integrity is the benchmark we all want to thrive4. i believe if you keep course you will be able to bring this sport 2gether as 1.
You will be remembered as one of the greatest Champions of this sport and eventually inducted to the Hall of Fame of the offshore racing league.

Furthermore, speaking on behalf of all racers - i say this if we do not unify like we did in '04 in Key West where everbody got together, there is no TV coverage or any major sponsorship that will make any difference if we cannot get through to the fans that watch this live or on the beaches and all the places that we race at :evilb:
I did not know how to thank you for the hospitality that you and your staff provided free of charge to all the racers and fans alike with the food the drinks the music, etc. and especially to Ken Warby"s appearance at Destin, and i hope that the next World's are at Key West where it is supposed to be - afterall, it is our Holy Water, (unlike the holy ground)

I would hope and pray that everyone from all racing bodies get behind you 100%
No matter what the politics dictate - because it is the only thing that will move us forward , like we used to be on ABC Wide World of Sports , ESPN, etc.
If we are true racers we would put our differences aside and do what is right for our sport
With Best Regards,
Mucho Macho
Loose Cannon TM :D :drink: :evilb:

f311fr1 02-25-2007 05:31 AM

Well said.

bouyhunter 02-25-2007 09:31 AM

'04 in Key West is the way it's supposed to be.
What a great event.
Haven't been back to KW since then, but I can't imagine it being the same.
'05 I went to St. Pete. It was a good time and a great event, but it doesn't compare to '04 in KW.