Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Pantera 24 vs. Velocity 260 >

Pantera 24 vs. Velocity 260

Notices

Pantera 24 vs. Velocity 260

Old 03-02-2007, 12:51 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That "potato chip" term makes me laugh every time I hear it... Two comments about Pantera - 1. the Nunez's strike me as the kind of people who'd put their money where their mouth is. and 2. when you build a boat like they build a Pantera, you don't have to worry too much about backing your mouth up with money, the boat does all the taking!

Awesome people who build an awesome boat.
Old 03-02-2007, 08:04 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Man mike, did a velocity bang your mother or something? Every thread asking about velocity you have to slam them.

Pantera makes a good boat. Very solid, good rough water ride and should last a long time. Caters more towards the type of guy that wants to go out and beat the tar out of themselves in the rough.

Velocity makes a good boat too. Not as good in the rough, but faster due to its pad bottom. Its a trade off. Also, the velocity will be a more family friendly setup inside. The velocity is a true drivers boat, most people who dislike the way they ride, don't know how to drive them properly. Make sure you get a test drive with someone who knows what they are doing.

As for the potato chip comments. People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
Old 03-02-2007, 08:25 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Shore Thing
Man mike, did a velocity bang your mother or something? Every thread asking about velocity you have to slam them.
Nah, they just kicked his a$$ all over the race course in E-class. Then he claimed they cheated, now he just bashes them.
Old 03-02-2007, 09:07 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Just having fun...boy you Velocity guys sure have thin skin! You could never be a Fountain owner.

Heon, you know better you should have thick skin from the old day, bud!

Yes the 24 Velocity race lay up no cabin purpose built boat was much faster than the pleasure boats that I and others were running in E-Class...it was proven with all the weight they had to add that the 24 Velocity never weighted 4800lbs when they raced me and other boats in E-Class...then the 29 Warlocks came and took care of Velocity.

Basically between the 2 boats mentioned in this thread the Pantera is the smooth running, hardcore, classic looks, stout built boat and the Velocity is the thinner layup, light weight ,big running pad hull and faster in calm water boat. It really depends on the water you are running.
Old 03-02-2007, 09:56 AM
Racer
Racer

26 Velocity from the Worlds at Destin.

Last edited by 2 Trick Rick; 07-03-2008 at 05:25 PM.
Old 03-02-2007, 10:35 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

ahhh, that just needs alittle touch up paint.
Old 03-02-2007, 10:45 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by FeverMike
Just having fun...boy you Velocity guys sure have thin skin! You could never be a Fountain owner.
In a thread where someone is looking for information for purchasing a boat, this kind of bashing is innapropriate.

Had this thread been a fun spirited, "my D is bigger than your D" post, then absolutely make fun all you want. I can certainly take it. I don't work for velocity, hell I wouldn't even say i have brand loyalty. I purchase what I feel suites my needs and fits my budget. this time it was a velocity, next time it could be a hustler or a formula or a sea-ray. who knows.

The point is, in my experience of reading your posts, you don't seem to know the difference between an informative thread and a just for fun thread.
Old 03-02-2007, 10:55 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael1
I'm ...wondering how the Pantera 24 compares to the Velocity 260...Performance, rough water handling (wave crushing), and durability are important to me.

Thanks,

Michael
Rough water handling: Pantera
Durability(due to rough water handling): Pantera

That answers your questions.
Old 03-02-2007, 05:38 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Shore Thing
In a thread where someone is looking for information for purchasing a boat, this kind of bashing is innapropriate.

Had this thread been a fun spirited, "my D is bigger than your D" post, then absolutely make fun all you want. I can certainly take it. I don't work for velocity, hell I wouldn't even say i have brand loyalty. I purchase what I feel suites my needs and fits my budget. this time it was a velocity, next time it could be a hustler or a formula or a sea-ray. who knows.

The point is, in my experience of reading your posts, you don't seem to know the difference between an informative thread and a just for fun thread.

Geesh...you cry like a little boy...take a dang chill pill and thicken up your skin some. Go bash on Fountain some with everyone else if ya like, we can take it!
Old 03-02-2007, 05:51 PM
Registered

Received 282 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by FeverMike
Geesh...you cry like a little boy...take a dang chill pill and thicken up your skin some. Go bash on Fountain some with everyone else if ya like, we can take it!
LOL

Quick Reply: Pantera 24 vs. Velocity 260

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.