Notices

Speed Limit On NH lakes

Old 03-21-2007, 07:43 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Moose482
The Committee voted 10-6 to retain the bill. It appears that the test zones proposed by the Dept. of Safety may happen this summer.

Bottom line is no action will be taken on this bill till next year about this time. Another safe boating season without any high speed accidents is a must and will go a long way to defeat this once and for all.
Could not have said it better.. Lets keep it safe out there !
Old 03-21-2007, 07:52 AM
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Someone better tell Buddy T to keep the topside of his boat up
Old 03-21-2007, 08:17 AM
Registered

Yes all it will take is one high speed accident and the pro speed limit crowd will be like bears to honey.. They still refer to the low speed accident years ago involving a certain baja.

All human situations have their inconveniences. We feel those of the present but neither see nor feel those of the future; and hence we often make troublesome changes without amendment, and frequently for the worse.
Benjamin Franklin
Old 03-21-2007, 08:24 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Guys if you think that no accidents will stop this bill you are mistaken. There have not been any for a LONG time and they are still pushing this bill through. This is one of those deals that the people that use the lake should be the ones that vote on it. So you should need to be a registered boat owner to vote on this bill. Why do we care what joe house in the middle of the woods cares about a speed limit on the lake, they have no idea. Sure if you tell a guy that does not boat that you are trying to put a speed limit on the lake they will think that 45 is fast on the water. They are uneducated to what the lake is like and what new boats are capable of.

Jon
Old 03-21-2007, 11:20 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Yesterday was a partial victory for us. It looks to me that a comprimise might be our best chance. I woudn't mind speed limits in several portions of the lake where you can't go fast anyway. The rest of the lake would be wide open as usual where our current boating laws would apply. Maybe, we could keep everyone happy and just move on.
Old 03-21-2007, 11:29 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by pm203
Yesterday was a partial victory for us. It looks to me that a comprimise might be our best chance. I woudn't mind speed limits in several portions of the lake where you can't go fast anyway. The rest of the lake would be wide open as usual where our current boating laws would apply. Maybe, we could keep everyone happy and just move on.
Unfortunately I dont think zones will be enough to satisfy the Zealots.
They are intent on Jamming a statewide speed limit down everyones throat whether they like it or not..
Anyone whos spent any time on the big lake realizes there is a problem in certain small areas at certain times/days. But does not come close to justifying a statewide or lakewide speed limit.
They are also willing to use rhetoric and anecdotal evidence to obtain there goals..
Notice how I did not say statistics as the statistics are not in there favor .
Old 03-21-2007, 01:21 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Winnfarts has issued more harmful propoganda than can be imagined. And, that Rep P-Rod, what a crybaby P.O.S. It is so unethical and disgraceful for an elected official to act and speak as he does. And,....to try and pass a law because of his personal feelings, not fact? He is disgusting!

Last edited by pm203; 03-22-2007 at 10:01 PM.
Old 03-21-2007, 01:42 PM
Registered

Winnfarts has issued more harmful propoganda than can be imagined. And, that Rep Pilliod, what a crybaby P.O.S.
Yup nothing but .." One time we were almost in an accident" or "the enormous wake created by the speedboat almost capsized us"
I went to all the hearings last year and I wanted to go out to the truck and get my hip waders everytime one of them spoke. Anecdotal stories about near misses and LIES are all they have ..NONE of the statistical data would lead one to believe a speed limit is at all neccesary or enforceable.. Yet they just keep beating the dead horse.
Yes Rep. Pilliod is a tool ! Nor does he live on or near the lake !
Old 03-21-2007, 02:01 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree that a "zonal" option might be the ("meet me half way") answer here but at the same time, I hate to see that happen, just more hands being stuck in our cookie jar without just cause! It is biased and unwarranted and we need to do what we can to keep it the "live free or die" state that it has always been!
Old 03-21-2007, 04:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you will never make these clowns happy they will get this sooner or latter then they will be on to other things such as jet ski's or larger displacement boats sad to say

Quick Reply: Speed Limit On NH lakes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.