Notices

New Excalibur owner

Old 02-27-2007, 03:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Excalibur owner

hello i am a new member to OSO and i can use all the help i can get.. I just recently purchased the 38 excalibur that you seen on ebay a week ago.. having twins will be a new thing for me... i have been to a half dozen poker runs in my 20' open bow that i bought a week after graduation.. (highschool graduation) over the past three years i have went from a four cylinder merc to a 4.3... and now a 305.. that will push my light little boat just over fifty and out of the water in the choppy waves left from the wakes of all your guys's boats at the poker runs.. i am anxious to join "the club" and seen this boat on ebay and thought "that is my way in"... it is a great lookin boat and will be an expensive but great learning experience and i am young and up for the challenge.. (it helps that there is no wife and kids at home...) Any info that you can provide would be great.. I have read many pages about Bill Farmer and some of the history between him and "Mr.Excal's" dad and i keep diggin up more history from ebay and a little from google.... obviously this project will take me awhile but i have high expectations for the outcome of this boat... I am lookin for interior and exterior photo's.... great links... a reasonable but talented painter... and info on how to set up my boat for 60-70 mph without killin my wallet... please help... You can email me at [email protected] or [email protected] thanks.. Brian

Here is a picture of my boat that i repainted and wrenched on since highschool and my buddy's truck (that is him leaning on it) down in cumberland this summer....The superduty is what i usually pull it with but at the time of this photo that was taken of the boat my truck was wounded from a truck pull competition (hence the picture)... together they make a sharp pair for me and my friends to show up in...

I also attached a picture of the new 38' excalibur
New Excalibur owner-283428-r4-23-1.jpg
New Excalibur owner-1.jpg
New Excalibur owner-excalibur.jpg
Old 02-27-2007, 06:45 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Saw that boat on Ebay. Lot of potential. I'm sure you'll get some great ideas from the OSO board. Good luck!
Old 02-27-2007, 09:07 PM
Registered

A lot of potential in that boat, check the swap shop or the classifieds for some good low hour power packages. Which drives to get would be where I would spend the most time thinking. Something modern, but able to handle later upgrades in power. Excalibur is well buit,, she has a little weight to her,keep that in mind with the drives. Do some research into what the guys older cigs did, and you will be fine. Excaliburhawk40 did an excellent job on his , he might give you some pointers.
Old 02-27-2007, 09:11 PM
Registered

thanks... hopefully i get some feedback soon... i get brushed to the side a lot because of my age but it hasn't stopped me yet... The first boat i started with i bought for $100 and you could literally see through the floor and i pulled it home (through the country) with a three wheeler.... i sold it the following summer for $1100 .... I am thinkin of having Kustom Kolor of Marion Oh give me some estimates on painting it but i would still like to get some more info on the history and a good route to take to get to 60-70mph...
Old 02-27-2007, 09:12 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would build diesels for it

Ernie
Old 02-27-2007, 09:16 PM
Registered

Thanks spk1.... i will definetly do that and yeah i love the boat but i realize the weight issue... however it should make for a smoother ride compared to my little 20' footer... I AM TOTALLY STOKED
Old 02-27-2007, 09:20 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Great boats. I would run a nice pair of 540 cubes or bigger. Konrad drives would be sweet, a nice custom paint job, some monster tabs, custom interior, etc. Lots of potential there. However, how much you will spend is another thing. Theres a huge difference in rigging a 38ft offshore and a 20ft open bow. After motors, drives, transoms, tabs, pumps, wiring, upholstery, paint, etc, you will have probably around 75g in it, but you will have a cool boat none the less.
Old 02-27-2007, 09:29 PM
Registered

yeah ...i know i am going to have a lot in it.... and a lot of time but i still have my 20' to join you guys at the poker runs and i am prepared to take a couple years building it... and i hope to have more around 30k in it and pay as i go... (however i will probably have the drives and or motors financed ) but my boat will be paid off a lot sooner then if i would of waited til i could afford to finance a new 38 or bigger... i am just tryin to stay positive about it .. i have a long way to go but "reality checks" don't hurt either
Old 02-27-2007, 09:50 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by justdreamin
yeah ...i know i am going to have a lot in it.... and a lot of time but i still have my 20' to join you guys at the poker runs and i am prepared to take a couple years building it... and i hope to have more around 30k in it and pay as i go... (however i will probably have the drives and or motors financed ) but my boat will be paid off a lot sooner then if i would of waited til i could afford to finance a new 38 or bigger... i am just tryin to stay positive about it .. i have a long way to go but "reality checks" don't hurt either

It all depends how you are gonna do it. I would go this route

2 custom built 540/600HP motors= 30k
2 used TRS Drives=8k
2 Used TRS transoms=1500
2 B/W trannies=3k
Trim tab kit=2k
Autometer of Livorsi gauges 1200
2 Dual cooler bellhousings=3k

That will put you close to 50k. You said you painted your other boat yourself and it looks good. So you will save some money there. Then theres the interior!

Please dont get discouraged. I just see too many guys get in huge projects, and they end up spending many years working on it, and never finish the boat.
Old 02-28-2007, 02:32 PM
Registered

i am definetly going to upgrade the gauges.. and i shouldn have a too much vinyl work involved.. yeah its a big project but i won't get discourged.. my patiences will be the hardest thing to deal with.. and thanks for the list of stuff i will definetly have questions in the near future ...the big blocks, and twins will be a new thing for me.. as well as the trans... i am thinkin lemon ice yellow for the paint and possibly some red and black tribal flames.. but i need to get some practice on the airbrush to give it the 3D look or just have someone do it.. and 30k probably is a stretch but we will see how it pans out..

Quick Reply: New Excalibur owner

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.