Bullet Engines out of Ontario, Canada? >

Bullet Engines out of Ontario, Canada?

Notices

Bullet Engines out of Ontario, Canada?

Old 02-28-2007, 04:37 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts
Default Bullet Engines out of Ontario, Canada?

They are advertising power packages in the OSO classifieds, and several of them say "sold."

Is there an OSO member involved with them? Anyone running their power packages? Their pricing on 650/NA HP is not too bad.

http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.com/page-14729.html
http://www.bullet.on.ca/index.html

I'm not writing a check for new power soon, but I'd like to know who the new players are. Thanks in advance.
Old 02-28-2007, 04:54 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I was wondering about them also. Looks like a "nice" product for the money. The only "downfall" is trying to do business with a company outide of the U.S if there's any problems.
Old 02-28-2007, 05:09 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not impressed .They quoted me a number in the spring . Then called me last week to say prices are dropping due to the US dollar . Dropped the price of the new engines and dropped the price of the trade ins even more . I was real close to doing a deal but pulled out . Way too much high pressure sales tatics . Friend of mine had a couple engines installed . He is generally satisfied but does't feel like he is getting the support he deserves . ( Minor tuning issues ) . I agreee with Single With Twins a true good business wouldn't battle with customers .They should make things right or expain why their engines don't perform as advertised . If they want to break into the performance engine building world they can't pull these stunts . I'm looking elseware and I live a couple hours away I feel for someone living in the States trying to get service .

Last edited by 1bagger; 12-08-2007 at 04:41 PM. Reason: Up date .
Old 02-28-2007, 06:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't know them at all....................only what I have heard.......not a good product, friend of mine apperently in a big battle with them for well over a year now.
Old 02-28-2007, 07:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've talked with them at both the Toronto show and the 1000 Islands PR. Prices seem to be reasonable as with warranties. A friend of mine is considering repowering his 32 Advantage with them.
Old 02-28-2007, 10:30 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 368 Likes on 247 Posts

I know a guy running twin 650 in a 35 lightning and was really satisfied. He is 3 to 4 hours drive from our place and said it was worth it. No bad comment about him I know of. But I have my own engine builder here that used to build good reliable 1000 hp engines for a 35 motion named Funny Boy a couple years ago. Expensive, but no breakdowns at all for many years on many different boat I had or I sold! RL Racing Engines is the company name.