Notices

Carpet issues

Old 02-20-2007, 03:46 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 619 Likes on 181 Posts
Default Carpet issues

I sent my carpet to Snap in carpet and they made a beautiful replacement except for the fact it doesn't fit right.( they can't do the bindings around the bolsters)

so who else can do carpet with differnt colors?
Attached Thumbnails Carpet issues-cmc-portfolio-301.jpg  
Old 02-20-2007, 06:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by h20 toie
I sent my carpet to Snap in carpet and they made a beautiful replacement except for the fact it doesn't fit right.( they can't do the bindings around the bolsters)

so who else can do carpet with differnt colors?
Did you call any of our local Boat Mfg's like Eliminator, DCB ?
Old 02-20-2007, 06:46 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

You didn't mention if you tried to clean the carpet. You may be able to find a good carpet guy that can clean it up well. -- unless it's already damaged or torn.
Old 02-20-2007, 06:51 PM
Registered

Try Custom Marine Carpet in Niles MI. They have templates to fit most boats or you can make one from your old carpet. I E-mailed them with my boat info and they sent me a quote of the price and a picture of what the finished carpet would look like. Mine is red with the BAJA logo in black asross it. Their phone number is 1-877-SNAPIN1 or e-mail [email protected] A friend of mine used them and they did a great job. Hope this helps.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:00 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by blaniac
Did you call any of our local Boat Mfg's like Eliminator, DCB ?
yep tried a few and no luck
Old 02-20-2007, 09:01 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Semper Fi
You didn't mention if you tried to clean the carpet. You may be able to find a good carpet guy that can clean it up well. -- unless it's already damaged or torn.
it's faded and smells when it gets wet so time for a new one
Old 02-20-2007, 09:02 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by NEVER - SATISFIED
Try Custom Marine Carpet in Niles MI. They have templates to fit most boats or you can make one from your old carpet. I E-mailed them with my boat info and they sent me a quote of the price and a picture of what the finished carpet would look like. Mine is red with the BAJA logo in black asross it. Their phone number is 1-877-SNAPIN1 or e-mail [email protected] A friend of mine used them and they did a great job. Hope this helps.
Thats who i got this carpet that doesn't fit, i sent them my old one and they copied it, kind of.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:51 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Matworks in Alpharetta Georgia. Their number is 800-795-MATS or go to www.matworks.com
Old 02-22-2007, 02:34 PM
Registered

we make custom rugs mostly out of wool these are hand made no binding. they look like the area rugs you see in design centers. they can now be made of nylon , they are very tight. wholesale would be about 30sq ft so a 7x7= 49x 30 =1470.00 plus shipping.this is a higher quality than you would find in any boat on the market right now. we have done Hotels like 4 seasons, hyatts, palaces over seas. yachts.I haven't done anything myself right now out with surgerys, but my family can. thats why I have not posted alot about it. I use to work with reg marine carpets but it was a pain trying to bind . are you sure your old cpt is still the same size. did they not make it to fit your old . I always made new templates on boats because the old rugs shunk. the last template I made was 500sq ft for a winding set of stairs pattern match over the top and down a hallway 40ft go to a 40 degree angle then go down another 28ft the whole time there were ins and outs plus a 8x8 foyer at the top of the stairs . my guys wanted to make it in 7 pieces. I said no the stairs in 3# because of landings there were 2 put the hall was one piece and if I phucked up it retailed for 90,000 it came out perfect with a little bump here and there . so if you want to talk about your size and since each yarn is put in by hand you can do fades which you can't do on inlaid I do that too. I hope to talk to cig, and ol once I am healthy again. 4 yrs ago it took 8 to 10 weeks to make a rug, now it can be done in 5 weeks. thats why ol pasted back then, and are doing inlaid, which is nice, but hand tuffed is high end extreme of all rugs the best!!so if you have any questons ask away or I will give you my phone #
Old 02-22-2007, 02:39 PM
Registered

Is it carved to or just color change, we can bring loop to cut also. I forget how to post picks other wise I have some cool stuff. for a sample I will have a logo rug for one or 2 people I am working on. that are from here its a surprise so no names.

Quick Reply: Carpet issues

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.