Notices

R-Tech Superchargers

Old 03-01-2007, 07:56 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Me and a buddy of mine have quite a bit of experience with them and with Tom, the president of R-Tech. We have one installed on a gen VI 502 with iron heads and a mild cam. The set up has been extremely reliable for over 250 hours under some pretty severe use.

While it was not dynoed in the current form, the R-tech intercooler increased horsepower over 15% from the ATI Procharger intercooler when previously dynoed. Based on performance of the boat, we estimate it is probably making in the vicinity of 800 HP.

The short version of how it woks is: large intercooler + proper design and integration to maximize the efficiency of the intercooler + minimizing pressure loss between the compressor discharge and the intake manifold + reduced parasitic drag = Very substantial power gains + bonus of better engine life (due to lower intake charge temps than possible with other systems) The results are incredible and to drive one is an eye-opener!

Tom (R-Tech) has redefined the effectiveness of the centrifugal compressor in marine applications through the development of this system and it really works. On top of that he is extremely knowlegable and helpful with what ever the application.

Kurt

Last edited by Biggus; 03-02-2007 at 05:38 AM.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:55 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm doing a nice write up on them. I had a chance to interview them in Miami. Bigger, less restriction more horsepower.

Did you get this issue yet? This is the LA Boat show issue. It got mailed two weeks after the LA Show ended. In Miami we had the next issue with the Destin article. It's being mailed out this week. It has a red canopied Outerlimits on the cover.
Attached Thumbnails R-Tech Superchargers-ebm-la.jpg  
Old 03-01-2007, 09:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nope....really starting to suspect the mailman!