Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Has the Classified section been Hijacked by SCAMERS? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/152621-has-classified-section-been-hijacked-scamers.html)

36spectre 03-02-2007 07:23 AM

It's a shame....because of a few scammers ,it makes the once trusted Classiffied section unusable and untrustworthy....

Otto

OSO 03-02-2007 08:43 AM

We did an upgrade last night, we are quickly working to restore our customizations. Please be assured this is not what the classifieds will look like permanently.

As far as the scams please report an suspicious ads to classifieds @ offshoreonly.com.

OSO

OSO 03-02-2007 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by Rippem (Post 2044032)
I don't dig having to wade thru pages of dealer ads copied right out of the brochure in the Formula's for sale to see individual boats for sale.

It must keep others than just me from even bothering to look.

I think that's not in keeping with the original theme of the classifieds being for boatowners/members.

I apologize OSO if this seems harsh but I think it's a real issue.

As far as the formula issue I will look at that.

Dblvanos 03-02-2007 08:57 AM

I second that.

Originally Posted by Rippem (Post 2044032)
I don't dig having to wade thru pages of dealer ads copied right out of the brochure in the Formula's for sale to see individual boats for sale.

It must keep others than just me from even bothering to look.

I think that's not in keeping with the original theme of the classifieds being for boatowners/members.

I apologize OSO if this seems harsh but I think it's a real issue.

Brent Medley 03-02-2007 10:16 AM

I have left messages for the Tiger and also a 47 Fountain at an unbelievably low price.....different owners and telephone numbers but both roll to a NetZero voicemail system......and not return phone calls.......

jeff1000man 03-02-2007 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by Brent Medley (Post 2044330)
I have left messages for the Tiger and also a 47 Fountain at an unbelievably low price.....different owners and telephone numbers but both roll to a NetZero voicemail system......and not return phone calls.......

Myself also. I would be first in line with a checkbook in hand to buy either of those boats , if real deal.

OSO 03-02-2007 10:42 AM

We got a call from the owner of the tiger and claims the ad is a scam fyi

tssteph 03-02-2007 10:44 AM

I am more concerned about it not showing prices right now.

jordy 03-02-2007 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by jeff1000man (Post 2044340)
Myself also. I would be first in line with a checkbook in hand to buy either of those boats , if real deal.

No way, I had a check in hand for that Tiger and was packing up to go to Cali. Too bad the boat is apparently in Oklahoma. :evilb: :drink: :D

Originally Posted by OSOAdmin (Post 2044363)
We got a call from the owner of the tiger and claims the ad is a scam fyi

Just my luck. :(

tomtbone1993 03-02-2007 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by jeff1000man (Post 2044340)

A check from you would be a scam as well. I think I should report you.......:evilb: :evilb: :evilb: