Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Has the Classified section been Hijacked by SCAMERS? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/152621-has-classified-section-been-hijacked-scamers.html)

36spectre 03-01-2007 10:57 PM

Has the Classified section been Hijacked by SCAMERS?

It could be just my untrusting nature.....BUT....It seems that there are now several deals that are to good to be true.......what going on???

Any one else see the same stuff???

Otto

EXAMPLE:
Our Listings : 2005 DONZI 35 ZF TRIPLE 275 MERCURY VERADO'S TRAILER

E-Mail Seller | Add to Favorites | Other Ads by this User | Refer it to Friends

Page Views: 8
Date Added: 03/01/2007
Last Updated: 03/01/2007
Description:
2005 DONZI 35 ZF TOURNAMENT EDITION WITH TRIPLE 275 MERCURY VERADO FOUR STROKES. "THE ULTIMATE FISHING BOAT".
LOADED WITH TOP OF THE LINE EVERYTHING. OVER A 580 MILE RANGE. CRUISE AT 60 MPH, GO ANY WHERE DO ANY THING IN THIS DONZI. IT COMES EQUIPPED WITH PRO FISHING PACKAGE, ZERO EFFORT CONTROLS - DIGITAL SHIFT AND THROTTLE, MECHANICAL TRIM INDICATORS, LAB FINISHED PROPS, 3 BANK BATTERY CHARGER, STEREO, EXTRA ROD HOLDERS, BACK OF BAIT-WELL PUMP, K-PLANES, LEE OUT RIGGERS, (2) FURONO NAV NETS W/ RADAR, VHF, GLADIATOR TR1 AUTO PILOT, 25 WATT CELL PHONE AND MORE! THIS 35ZF WAS USED FOR 1 YEAR OF LIGHT TOURNAMENT FISHING. IT HAS APPROXIMATELY 120 HOURS AND RUNS A TOP SPEED OF APPROXIMATELY 70 MPH. IT HAS BEEN RELIGIOUSLY MAINTAINED AND IS IN EXCELLENT CONDITION. LOOKS LIKE NEW.THIS VESSEL COMES WITH THE LOAD MASTER TRIPLE AXEL ALUMINUM TRAILER .

Ad Number: 15002

Price: 80000

First Name: George

Last Name: Sleckser

Company Name:

Company Website: http://

Phone: (231) 544-7259

Phone 2:

City: MODESTO

State: CA

Year: 2005

Length: 35

Make: Donzi

Model: 35 ZF TOURNAMENT

E-mail: Click Here to E-Mail Seller

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Additional photos

jordy 03-01-2007 11:39 PM

There's a '00 42' Tiger with 900's and 6's on a Myco for $99K in the Cig section. Same George Sleckser guy.

Semper Fi 03-01-2007 11:44 PM

I got an email from OSO saying that they were making some changes.....that could be the problem

Rippem 03-01-2007 11:55 PM

I don't dig having to wade thru pages of dealer ads copied right out of the brochure in the Formula's for sale to see individual boats for sale.

It must keep others than just me from even bothering to look.

I think that's not in keeping with the original theme of the classifieds being for boatowners/members.

I apologize OSO if this seems harsh but I think it's a real issue.

thisistank 03-02-2007 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by jordy (Post 2044022)
There's a '00 42' Tiger with 900's and 6's on a Myco for $99K in the Cig section. Same George Sleckser guy.

The Tiger is a confirmed SCAM! I helped sell that boat 2 months ago to the happy new owner in OK. The scammer is using the prior owners pics too:rolleyes: and is the same guy "selling" the Donzi.

I don't understand these scams. Are there really people out there stupid enough to fall for them?

Someone needs to email this guy and set up a sea trial:eek: :D

ywait 03-02-2007 12:16 AM

Same thing happened to me last year. I placed an ad on eBay and days after my listing ended, I found copies of my pictures and description listed on two websites for half the price. My boat is USCG documented and the FBI and Homeland Security stepped in and got the guy that perpetrated the fraud.

tomtbone1993 03-02-2007 12:28 AM

Its time for a IP address check and put George out of business

Griff 03-02-2007 03:11 AM

The entire classified section now has new format. It changed in the last couple of hours. Looks like the prices on all the boats got deleted in the transition.

GregP 03-02-2007 06:47 AM

I just wish they would put in some search filters such as length and price (and "inquire" is not a price). It's too time consuming to check without them.

-Greg

offshoredrillin 03-02-2007 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 2044065)
The entire classified section now has new format. It changed in the last couple of hours. Looks like the prices on all the boats got deleted in the transition.

seems the sellers info is gone as well, no phone numbers or prices listed at all...:(