Notices

Chip Off the old block

Old 03-02-2007, 07:55 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chip Off the old block

I own a formula 330 ss for reasons of practicality as my primary boating use is diving and cruising the big ditch in Ft. Lauderdale with the wife and kids. The only time the boat sees over 50 is when I am out solo. I have always wanted a true go-fast and secretly lust when I see/hear a skinny deep v with with a nice cam and headers.

Last week while out kayaking in my neighboorhood (I live in bermuda Riviera in Ft. Lauderdale), my 5 year old son sees a blue and orange Outerlimits parked at a dock. He immediately screams at me" DAD WE NEED THAT BOAT!!!"

He then turns to the occupants and at the top of his lungs "I REALLY LIKE YOUR BOAT!!"

A few minutes later, the engines are started. Its an nmuffled, wonderfully loud, lumpy idle that reverberates down the canal. He again starts screaming "I LIKE YOUR BOAT" "DAD WE NEED TO GET ONE OF THOSE BOATS"

All week long he has been talking about that Blue and Orange boat.

If you are the owner I just want you to know you made a little boy's week and may have sparked a lifelong interest.

Mike
Old 03-02-2007, 11:21 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thats great to hear. Now you need ti sick him on your wife
Old 03-02-2007, 11:52 AM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 32 Posts

Thats is awsome! I started the same way about 20 years when I was 6. I saw a 38 scarab for the first time on the St. Croix river in MN and I knew I needed one of them!
Old 03-02-2007, 11:54 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Sweet!

I got so used to the engines running on my fathers boat when I was a kid that I sleep with a fan on....sound puts me to sleep...
Old 03-02-2007, 01:22 PM
Registered

Cool story!!!
Old 03-02-2007, 05:00 PM
Registered

That's good stuff.
Old 03-02-2007, 05:07 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Yep, I started out much the same way.

Cool story.
He's already hooked. Another junkie joining the club.
Old 03-02-2007, 05:21 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

No need to be running that rig solo. It sounds like your son is ready to ride.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:31 PM
Registered

I was at a local boat show a couple weeks ago with my 4 year old and Lake Cumberland Marine had a booth with a bunch of their used power boat photos. My son was looking at all the photos and pointing out which ones he liked. Of course he liked all the 35' plus boats. So I asked him why. Cause they have more wheels! (triple axle trailers) At least he was picking out the big boats for a reason!
Old 03-05-2007, 04:44 PM
Registered

Thats a cool story, I think that most of us young guys started out htat same way. My dad was a drag racer so i grew up at US 30 in Indiana, when he stopped that we got a Bayliner to satisfy my mom. Little did we know that some of the same guys he raced with had go fast, and jet boats. Needless to say I then became hooked on Heni's 26 Donzi, which a friend still has. Now I'm a junkie , race cars , Harley's , rat rods, and dad has the go fast. I can't afford it right now and he says why bother since he haas it and I work on alot of them around here. Beat advise to your son , learn as much as you can or get a real good job so he can have it when he gets older.

Quick Reply: Chip Off the old block

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.