Question about a 29 Scarab (Good Deal?) Moving Up >

Question about a 29 Scarab (Good Deal?) Moving Up

Notices

Question about a 29 Scarab (Good Deal?) Moving Up

Old 03-01-2007, 08:55 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Question about a 29 Scarab (Good Deal?) Moving Up

I found a 1999 29 Scarab on e-bay and the auction ends tonight, how are those boats? I was looking to move up from a smaller 18ft Sea Ray. I would like something a little faster that I could stay the night on.

The Scarab has Twin 5.7L 350 motors with low hours? I did check NADA and traderonline to compare values and I seen a 99 Same color and motor package listed for 57K I know what people ask and what people actually get are to different things but the e-bay boat has a reserve set at 43K with a aluminum trailer.

Deal? Or should I keep looking?
Item number: 200079558741
Old 03-01-2007, 09:05 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

CONTACT 29SCARAB HERE ON THE BOARD HE IS SELLING HIS FOR A GREAT PRICE B/C HE IS MOVING AND YOU SAID YOU WANTED SOMETHING FASTER
Old 03-01-2007, 10:06 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks like it's on here too.

http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.com/page-13374.html

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...ct=2903&cat=24

Here's another one too.

http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.com/page-13512.html
Old 03-01-2007, 10:17 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I came oh so close to buying a 29 Scarab. Instead I bought a 1998 26 Scarab...bad move as that boat is a subpar design and build. The 29 Scarab however is more of a classic build with stringers. It is a great rough water boat with a super sharp bow and narrow beam. Top speed with the twin 350's is 67mph. I feel that if you could get this boat for low 40's and the professional survey checks out with no damage or rot you would be safe.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:31 AM
Registered

One of the above is now sold That being said they are great boat IMO. A lot of bang for the buck, great ride and quality. I will miss mine, it is probably the cleanest loaded 29's on the market.

The one in the link above is the one on Ebay.

Last edited by tssteph; 03-01-2007 at 10:37 AM.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:48 AM
Racer
Racer

Yes thats mine, I also have her listed on OSO. If you have any questions you can call my Cell (586) 260-9518 or my work number (248) 332-2440.

Thanks
Rick

If it helps I had a full survey done in July of 2006, the overall condition was “Excellent”
Old 03-02-2007, 08:45 AM
Charter Member #928
Charter Member

Originally Posted by pitracer
I found a 1999 29 Scarab on e-bay and the auction ends tonight, how are those boats? I was looking to move up from a smaller 18ft Sea Ray. I would like something a little faster that I could stay the night on.

The Scarab has Twin 5.7L 350 motors with low hours? I did check NADA and traderonline to compare values and I seen a 99 Same color and motor package listed for 57K I know what people ask and what people actually get are to different things but the e-bay boat has a reserve set at 43K with a aluminum trailer.

Deal? Or should I keep looking?
Item number: 200079558741
43k is great .49kis about right. My first cig boat was 1997 29 with 502efi. Great boat but would go twins. No more speed but docking a lot easier. Can't go wrong with a Scarab. They might not make them any more but that was because of bean counters not because it wasn't a good boat.
Old 03-02-2007, 09:30 AM
Racer
Racer

Well e-bay did not work for me this time, unless I'm willing to sell for 36K .

Sure sucks trying to sell a boat with 6 Inch's of ice on the lake.
Old 03-02-2007, 09:38 AM
Registered

Rick, I give you credit for showing pics of the drives skegs, nicks, cracks, and the cleat and being honest. However these isssues probably scare a lot of people away. My thought on issues like this is that it is a good indication of how a boat was maintained, even if they were like that when you got it. I would also would question a survey that says overall excellent if these issues existed when the survey was done. Again, not picking on the boat but I think these issues will effect the price offered. just my thoughts.
Old 03-02-2007, 09:52 AM
Racer
Racer

Originally Posted by tssteph
Rick, I give you credit for showing pics of the drives skegs, nicks, cracks, and the cleat and being honest. However these isssues probably scare a lot of people away. My thought on issues like this is that it is a good indication of how a boat was maintained, even if they were like that when you got it. I would also would question a survey that says overall excellent if these issues existed when the survey was done. Again, not picking on the boat but I think these issues will effect the price offered. just my thoughts.
The cleat I did down at Lake Cumberland, I have a new one in a box ready to go on when it warms up. The nicks and scratches (Only 3 Total) I thought were very acceptable on a 7-Year-old boat. The Skags, That’s the way they are and there is no point in lying about them, if some one shows up after a 4hr or more drive and finds the boat description to not be honest would just piss them off and make me look like a used car salesman.

I have seen plenty of boats in “Like New” or “Excellent” condition that I have looked at or sent someone to look at that were in far worst condition than mine only to be very disappointed and/or pissed that I wasted my time. I did not feel comfortable doing that to someone so I wanted to show all the flaws.

Thanks
Rick k

Quick Reply: Question about a 29 Scarab (Good Deal?) Moving Up

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.