Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   An ethical question about a sale. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/152700-ethical-question-about-sale.html)

littledcsrodshop 03-03-2007 04:03 PM

Oh how I wish It was running !!!!!!!!!!! I should be getting my heads back from the machine shop mid week.
All I will need after that ( motorwise ) is my headgaskets.
& then It will be ready for assy. I am in still in desperate need a drive assembly !!!!!! Hopefully that will change soon.

littledcsrodshop 03-17-2007 11:49 AM

3 Attachment(s)
The Car has been picked up & paid in full ! He came yesterday afternoon & picked it up , so I guess you could say the deadline worked. He ended up being a really cool guy & a true to the core old school hotrodder & biker. He said he will now have the only (that he knows of) all steel "rat rod" in the country. He owns a his own hotrod shop overthere.:cool:

Here is a pics. & also 2 shots of a car that I am working on & waiting on some paint to dry as I post this. Later Guys & thanks for taking the time to help.

Audiofn 03-17-2007 12:01 PM

See now when I think of rat rod I think primer black and rough not that thing :D:D

littledcsrodshop 03-17-2007 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Audiofn (Post 2061244)
See now when I think of rat rod I think primer black and rough not that thing :D:D

The pics. loaded backwards. The last of the 3 pics. is the rat rod , Not the first 2. :D The last one is all old school rat.

Tom A. 03-17-2007 04:10 PM

Congrats on the sale and that roadster looks BAD AZZ! :drink:

littledcsrodshop 03-17-2007 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Tom A. (Post 2061487)
Congrats on the sale and that roadster looks BAD AZZ! :drink:

Thanks , I wish the roadster was mine however its a customers that is in for some repairs.

GreigWright 03-18-2007 07:47 AM

Congrats on the sale finally going through. Just a wee tip if you ever have something similar happen again....you can ask your bank to do a check on the account that the money came from.

We had a boat for sale and a guy placed 10% deposit, the boat was $2m so we took the cheque for $200,000 to the bank and it looked good. However, when we sell boats for our customers, we always do a check to make sure everything is legit.

When we did this we got a shock. In Nigeria, you can cancel a cheque or bankers draft EVEN AFTER ITS CASHED. This would have meant we would have sent $200k to the owner, the buyer would cancel the cheque and we would be out the money. Or even worse, the Nigerian could have taken the boat and cancelled the whole lot!!

Best bet is work with wire transfers. Cash can be counterfit, checks can bounce and drafts are dodgy. Wire transfer is bank to bank so you should have no problems.

Just my 2 cents at least.

Love the car your working on, puts the modern cars to shame!

Greig.