Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   50 ft Welcraft Meteor (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/152785-50-ft-welcraft-meteor.html)

quasipadro 03-04-2007 10:23 AM

50 ft Welcraft Meteor

I am searching for anyone who know these boats and have
any experience with them.
I have just bought a 50 ft meteor that is ready for a complete restoration with new engines.
The plan is to put in 2 diesel engines.
So, if anyone has any suggestions, pictures, links or, well anything for this restoration project i would really appreciate to hear from you.
The boat is located in the US and will be moved to Norway later this year after.

For this project i am looking for the following: Diesel engines
, Drives, Trailer, Generator, Interior and so on.

Best Regards
Peder

sakoutis3 03-04-2007 10:33 AM

Let's see some pics before and after.

Cigaretteman 03-04-2007 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by quasipadro (Post 2046187)
I am searching for anyone who know these boats and have
any experience with them.
I have just bought a 50 ft meteor that is ready for a complete restoration with new engines.
The plan is to put in 2 diesel engines.
So, if anyone has any suggestions, pictures, links or, well anything for this restoration project i would really appreciate to hear from you.
The boat is located in the US and will be moved to Norway later this year after.

For this project i am looking for the following: Diesel engines
, Drives, Trailer, Generator, Interior and so on.

Best Regards
Peder

Hope you considered how to get it CE approved, I hear Norway are really though on this subject.

Apart from that congrats on your purchase !

Cigaretteman

cariveau 03-04-2007 01:59 PM

I would suggest discussing the your power and drive needs with Randy at Konrad as one option to consider. They had an engine drive package at the Miami Boat Show that might work.

cariveau 03-04-2007 02:02 PM

If you need any other advice about the boat itself you could check with Todd at Revolution Marine. He has had a 50 Meteor for years. I think he is ready to sell it and try something different.

quasipadro 03-04-2007 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Cigaretteman (Post 2046282)
Hope you considered how to get it CE approved, I hear Norway are really though on this subject.

Apart from that congrats on your purchase !

Cigaretteman

Thanks!
Yes it can be difficult, but if you do it by the book it is no problem. It will cost me around 5500 Usd, that includes making new manuals for the boat, and the actual inspection by the representative from IMCI.

Quasipadro

quasipadro 03-04-2007 02:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by sakoutis3 (Post 2046195)
Let's see some pics before and after.

Here is one!
This is today.

quasipadro 03-04-2007 02:58 PM

I am looking at a pair of Seatek (600hp) Diesels,(used) but i have no experience with these so i dont know yet.

I am also considering Caterpillar or Cummins (450 - 500 hp),
Arneson would be nice, but they are very expensive.

Quasipadro

Buddy OO 03-04-2007 03:22 PM

Looks like the one that was sitting by Hog Heaven at Lake of the Ozarks?

quasipadro 03-04-2007 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Buddy OO (Post 2046373)
Looks like the one that was sitting by Hog Heaven at Lake of the Ozarks?

Yes, thats the one.

Quasipadro