Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Congrats to Stu Jones - Florida Powerbat Club (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/152842-congrats-stu-jones-florida-powerbat-club.html)

plumbers crack 03-05-2007 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by CASH BAR (Post 2046857)
I think that is a little overkill for a first offense. I talked to people on one of the DQ'd boats, and the pace boat, and they both agreed it was a mistake and have moved on. So should everyone else.

A person who has a history at more than one event is a danger, banning someone after one run will kill our sport just the same.

I also think its a little harsh for a 1st time offense,but I dont have the facts.Didnt Jim Leonardo in Extreme exhibit get banned from poker runs america for a high speed pass?

I can understand the reasons for stricter rules and all but having been on the run I didnt witness anything dangerous at all.

ctconsulting 03-05-2007 08:22 AM

It is not too harsh at all. If you cannot follow the rules, don't go to the events, it doesn't get any more simple than that. Who cares if it pisses them off. Stu is very clear at every driver's meeting that are mandatory to attend.

DaveP 03-05-2007 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by plumbers crack (Post 2046955)
Jim Leonardo in Extreme exhibit get banned from poker runs america for a high speed pass?

Yup 100mph + in a 45mph zone :rolleyes:

He is not welcome at our events either after he refused to pre-register and said that he "was just going to show up the morning of because he can." :D

Ted G 03-05-2007 08:37 AM

I fall on the side of disqualification on a first offense and then a banishment after any other. There are some cases where a mistake is made and exiling someone is a little harsh. OTOH if a flagrant violation occurs then a promoter has every right to say see ya forever.

Nauti Kitty 03-05-2007 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by DaveP (Post 2046978)
Yup 100mph + in a 45mph zone :rolleyes:

He is not welcome at our events either after he refused to pre-register and said that he "was just going to show up the morning of because he can." :D

Well he almost ran me over at an FPC event so he can disapear from the earth for all I care. Complete tool as far as I can see. NK

Back4More 03-05-2007 08:40 AM

Whatever It takes to make Safety top priority...:cool:

otis311 03-05-2007 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by insptech (Post 2046991)
I fall on the side of disqualification on a first offense and then a banishment after any other. There are some cases where a mistake is made and exiling someone is a little harsh. OTOH if a flagrant violation occurs then a promoter has every right to say see ya forever.

I agree with this statement. Stu definitly raised some eyebrows with his actions at this run. If all promoters would do the same, maybe it will change the attitudes of some of the boaters who cause these problems. I heard the stories from 2 of the dq'ed boaters and can understand there points and how they saw the situation. Im sure they wont do the same thing again on the next run.

As a promoter, I am all for a list of problem boaters at Poker Runs and what kind of infractions they incurred and how they handled the situation after being either talked to or DQ'ed by the promoter.

WARPARTY36 03-05-2007 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by Nauti Kitty (Post 2046995)
Well he almost ran me over at an FPC event so he can disapear from the earth for all I care. Complete tool as far as I can see. NK

:D :D :D How do you really feel Parn?:drink: Maybe he forgot his booster seat and didn't see you.

Brad 03-05-2007 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Back4More (Post 2046999)
Whatever It takes to make Safety top priority...:cool:

I agree 100%!!!

cigracing1 03-05-2007 10:24 AM

what boats were they?