Anyone ever deal with MarineMax of N.Y? >

Anyone ever deal with MarineMax of N.Y?

Notices

Anyone ever deal with MarineMax of N.Y?

Old 03-09-2007, 03:42 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone ever deal with MarineMax of N.Y?

Hi,

Thanks in advance for any information that you can provide. I don't usually post much but I know that this is the right place to go for info!

I am wondering if anyone here as ever dealt with or heard of a dealer named MarineMax of N.Y.? A friend of mine is looking to do a swap and I want to look out for my friend. Is this a reputable dealer? Any issues/problems? Stories? Things that they should be concerned about?

I appreciate any help!

Take care,

C-
Old 03-09-2007, 05:28 PM
Registered

There are marine max dealers up and down the coast . Big outfit ! Sea ray?
Old 03-09-2007, 05:48 PM
AKA "BAZOOKA JOE"
Platinum Member

we have 1 here in brick NJ there all reputable sales people
Old 03-09-2007, 07:35 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hello?????????????????? The biggest dealer in the world. Yes, world. what does that have to do with it? Whats the deal? boat to boat and numbers?
Old 03-09-2007, 10:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by hunster
There are marine max dealers up and down the coast . Big outfit ! Sea ray?
Yeah and McDonalds is everywhere too.... There are still some you wouldn't eat at...
Old 03-09-2007, 10:36 PM
Registered

Marine Max in Tempe AZ can eat a ****.
Old 03-09-2007, 10:58 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

MarineMax Completes Its Largest Acquisition To Date; Acquires The Northeast's Largest Independent Boat Dealer - Surfside-3 Marina
CLEARWATER, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--April 3, 2006--MarineMax, Inc. (NYSE: HZO), the nation's largest recreational boat retailer, today announced that it has completed the acquisition of substantially all the assets of Surfside-3 Marina, Inc. and affiliated companies (Surfside).

With calendar 2005 revenue exceeding $140 million, Surfside is one of the largest privately owned independent boat dealers in the country. Surfside operates eight locations and distributes products and provides services through an additional seven affiliated locations in New York, Connecticut, Maryland and Rhode Island.

Under the agreement, MarineMax acquired the operating assets of Surfside for $24.8 million in cash and approximately 665,000 shares of MarineMax, Inc. common stock, plus working capital adjustments and the assumption of certain liabilities, including floor plan financing obligations relating to Surfside's inventory.

William H. McGill, Jr., Chairman, President, and Chief Executive Officer of MarineMax, Inc. stated, "We are excited about Surfside becoming part of the MarineMax family. Acquiring Surfside gives MarineMax a valuable presence in the Northeast and is an important step in enabling us to take care of all of our customers' needs as they boat along the Atlantic Coast, from New England to Florida. With its efficient operations and capable team, led by Matthew and Paul Barbara, Surfside has developed significant market share in the markets in which it operates. With Surfside's passionate team and similar customer centric strategies, we firmly believe that together we will be even stronger in serving one of the most important marine markets in the country."

The transaction is expected to be accretive, contributing approximately $0.10 to $0.12 to MarineMax's diluted earnings per share in the first 12 months after the acquisition. MarineMax will update 2006 earnings guidance when it announces the results of its March 2006 quarter.

About MarineMax

Headquartered in Clearwater, Florida, MarineMax is the nation's largest recreational boat and yacht retailer. Focused on premium brands, such as Sea Ray, Boston Whaler, Meridian, Hatteras, Grady White, and the Ferretti Group including: Ferretti Yachts, Pershing, Riva, Mochi Craft, Apreamare and Bertram, the Company sells new and used recreational boats and related marine products and provides yacht brokerage services. The Company currently operates 85 retail locations in Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, Minnesota, Missouri, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Utah. MarineMax is a New York Stock Exchange-listed company.

MarineMax was born from a strategic vision by a leading group of America`s top marine retailers. They determined that a new and better way of doing business was needed for both the industry and its consumers. Offering extensive and expanded services for ever-increasing consumer demands and expectations, MarineMax has established a new standard of delivering products and services previously defined by traditional marine retailers.

Last edited by firstoffshore; 03-09-2007 at 11:15 PM.
Old 03-09-2007, 11:33 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by bojoe2
we have 1 here in brick NJ there all reputable sales people
Thanks Joe...we try very hard to make sure that our customers are completely comfortable in the operation of their boats and are having fun by promoting the boating lifestyle from our location in Brick, NJ.
Old 03-11-2007, 11:59 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by F-N-iGuy.com
hello?????????????????? The biggest dealer in the world. Yes, world. what does that have to do with it? Whats the deal? boat to boat and numbers?
I don't have any of the details of the transaction. I just know that they are trying to get in to a much bigger/more expensive than they have now.

I've heard the horror stories of someone going in trading their boat in on something else and the broker never pays off the original loan but sells the boat and now the person is stuck with two loans to pay on. I just don't want that happening to my friend.
Old 03-11-2007, 12:00 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by METAL BROS RACING
Marine Max in Tempe AZ can eat a ****.
I think I am hearing you loud and clear.

Do you mind PMing me with details?

Quick Reply: Anyone ever deal with MarineMax of N.Y?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.