Notices

Question for Snowmobilers

Old 02-08-2002, 02:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Question for Snowmobilers

Booked a cabin for 5 days of riding in Pittsburgh NH. Im taking my girlfriend who is new to the sport and want to make sure I dont forget anything so that she has a good time and will want to come back.
What is the dilio with crossing into Canada?
Im sure we need picture ID's.
Thanks for the help.
Old 02-08-2002, 02:49 PM
MikeStar

Best advice I can give you is to make sure she has the right gear, i.e. snowmobile clothing not ski clothes.

If she's cold, she ain't gonna be happy!

Old 02-08-2002, 02:50 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just drove into Canada a few weeks ago for snowboarding. I had 6 guys in my truck and they didn't ask for ID from any of us. Just the same questions they asked every other year, where are you going, us citizen, etc.
Old 02-08-2002, 03:06 PM
Registered

Cool

I should have the gear covered, I bought her pant/bib set and a pair of Baffin snowmobile boots. She can use my sisters Reima jacket And Ski-Doo Modular helmet. If it goes well she will have her own jacket and helmet by the end of the weekend.
Old 02-08-2002, 06:12 PM
Luxy60

Pittsburg is a great area to snowmobile! Beecher Falls is the closest crossing point, I think. You'll need to purchase a Canadian reg. for the day. I think they're about $25US. Before 911 a drivers license would get you across. Now I'm not too sure (if you have a passport I'd bring it just in case). Be careful across the border with where you leave your sled. Lot's of stories about sleds getting ripped off if left unattended. Be sure to get a good map and take a late nite ride. Lot's of moose out on the trails at nite. Quite a sight!

Old 02-08-2002, 06:18 PM
Registered

thats all you need is picture ID. makes sure you take plenty of disposable cameras. if you stop and she is a little cold pictures will take her mind off it. is she riding two up with you or on her own?? one thing about canada if you have dui or dwi on your driving records prepare for a problem if they ask you about it ( not that i am telling you to temporarily forget if they ask because it took them 4 hours to find out about the details of my friends when he said yes to a 8 year old offense. that is not what i am saying at all ) Most of all be safe and have fun. hope you all have fresh snow and groomed trails!
Old 02-11-2002, 09:16 AM
Registered

Cool

She is going to be riding her own an 02 600 Edge. I took her out a few weeks back and put on 70 mls, she did really well.
I geuss the Canadian Reg is easy to come by with all the people crossing. Ill have to dig up my passport and see if she has one.
Whats the deal with DWI's. Are you not to ride while suspended?
I definatly like to see if we cant spot a couple of meese or mooses, mice, whatever. I like that kinda of stuff.
Thanks for the input.
Old 02-11-2002, 11:12 AM
Registered

Just came back from a week in Canada... As always have your Canadian NON-RESIDENT insurance card and be prepared for a few more questions than normal. They did look in our trailer upon re-entry but overall VERY EASY! Have fun!

Shane
Old 02-11-2002, 11:21 AM
Registered

Shane,
Where do I get this insurance card? Is it the same as the temp reg?
Old 02-11-2002, 02:47 PM
Registered

All you have to do is call your agent and ask for a CANADIAN NON-RESIDENT INSURANCE card and they will send you one free of charge. tell tehm you need it for all vehicles that will be crossing the border.

Quick Reply: Question for Snowmobilers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.