Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Who has Konrads for sale?? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/153619-who-has-konrads-sale.html)

tomtbone1993 03-19-2007 12:08 AM

ttt

Biggus 03-19-2007 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by jeff1000man (Post 2061419)
Konrad 540's are TRS replacement. Aces are the new ones that don't need trannies.

To sum it up, the Konrad Ace system is designed for a Bravo boat.
When converting from a Bravo to the Ace, the motor stays in the same location, the existing Bravo transom assembly is removed, the transom cut-out is enlarged, (to accomodate the BAM 1350 transmission) the stand-off box is mounted and the Konrad t/a is mounted to the box.
The only mod to the engine is removal of the Bravo flywheel housing and coupler, then repace with a drive plate and transmission style bellhousing.

I'll be on the road all week, feel free to call with further questions,

Kurt
[email protected]
715-410-0735

tomtbone1993 03-19-2007 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by Biggus (Post 2062930)
To sum it up, the Konrad Ace system is designed for a Bravo boat.
When converting from a Bravo to the Ace, the motor stays in the same location, the existing Bravo transom assembly is removed, the transom cut-out is enlarged, (to accomodate the BAM 1350 transmission) the stand-off box is mounted and the Konrad t/a is mounted to the box.
The only mod to the engine is removal of the Bravo flywheel housing and coupler, then repace with a drive plate and transmission style bellhousing.

I'll be on the road all week, feel free to call with further questions,

Kurt
[email protected]
715-410-0735

do you have a hole we can throw the TRS junk in?

Audiofn 03-19-2007 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993 (Post 2063160)
do you have a hole we can throw the TRS junk in?

Yes you can toss it all into my shop :evilb: :evilb:

TeamSaris 03-19-2007 11:37 AM

We are a Konrad dealer.

Lofty 03-19-2007 12:14 PM

We've been a Konrad dealer for a few years now. GREAT customer service and they actually deliver as advertised (rare in this industry). Don't throw your old TRS stuff away, you can always find a buyer for that stuff now that new parts are getting rare.

Kurt, get off the laptop and eat your Burrito! :D

jeff1000man 03-26-2007 11:50 AM

I am looking for the 540 models. TRS Replacment. It appears that want exceeds cash flow at this time. I had no idea that they wre so high. A buddy of mine was telling me he got quoted like $8000 a pices for the kit. I havn't found that kind of pricing at all. Looks like I will be using my extra TRS stuff and take the chance for a while.

LAKESIDE RESTORATIONS 03-26-2007 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by jeff1000man (Post 2071062)
I am looking for the 540 models. TRS Replacment. It appears that want exceeds cash flow at this time. I had no idea that they wre so high. A buddy of mine was telling me he got quoted like $8000 a pices for the kit. I havn't found that kind of pricing at all. Looks like I will be using my extra TRS stuff and take the chance for a while.

It sounds like they were talking about the 1/2 conversion.. It is drive & bell housing only.. Actually that too sounds really cheap.. They retail for mid to high 11's.. Not that we sell them for that, but we arent in the 8's either.. ;) Jamie / Lakeside

Panther 03-26-2007 01:54 PM

Not sure if this was ever asked but can a Konrad lower bolt up to a TRS upper?

Those TRS uppers are pretty strong, too bad there's no replacement for the lower.