Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Labor Day Accident (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/153719-labor-day-accident.html)

Audiofn 03-16-2007 03:25 PM

It may be an "accident" but like Ms Patriyacht said it does not mean that law suits will not fallow. They in fact fallow more ofthen then not. I am honestly supprised that it has taken this long.

wannabe 03-16-2007 04:16 PM

Audio:

These type of things take time. First, the accident report came out several months later (in late November I believe), I saw them on Lake Pirate. Second, it is often only after some time people are over the shock that their situation may really sink in. There has only been about six months since the accident. I have seen litigation take years.

This was a horrific accident, and I must say very puzzling. If I read between the lines Bonds is trying to find someone who can verify or counter this "eyewitness" who has come forward.

Good luck to all.

Wannabe

itilldo 03-16-2007 04:39 PM

I think that its a shame that this has to come back...this was an accident.

If my memory serves me, the only "real" survivor is Bruce Gibson?

I think this is being brought up again for money, pure and simple :mad: :(

bouyhunter 03-16-2007 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by itilldo (Post 2060335)

I think you're right, but maybe not for the same reason you're thinking.
Did ya read the other thread.
Changed my mind a little.

Strip Poker 388 03-16-2007 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by itilldo (Post 2060335)
I think that its a shame that this has to come back...this was an accident.

If my memory serves me, the only "real" survivor is Bruce Gibson?

Why else would someone want to bring a bad situation back up$$ :(

BONDS 03-16-2007 05:19 PM

Its real easy to forget when its not your family !!!!! this is about the truth!!!! this has nothing to do with money!!!!!
this bad situation is not and has not ever been put away!!
for us this is everyday..we can not just give up without knowing
what really happend out there!!!!!

Audiofn 03-16-2007 05:34 PM

Bonds in all fairness to you guys.... What truely happened you will likely never know. Just guesses as to what may have happened. It is common knowledge that "eye witness accounts" are ussually wrong anyhow. You do know the ultimate outcome and nothing is going to change this. Sounds like you have a great group of people to lean on, that is going to help you more then anything IMO. I speak from experience with this very situation (http://www.boston.com/news/local/mai...e_wardens_say/ )

I will never know what happened to my friend and why he did not make it, and I did. I do know he is no longer with us. I hope you understad what I am saying. I have kept my accident mostly off the board and only bring it up in hopes that it helps you out some.

CigDaze 03-16-2007 05:53 PM

I've been reading this all day, and I'm firmly of the stance that I'm not going to get involved in this one way or another - only to say that I'm still saddened to this day remembering this tragedy after looking back on the pictures and thinking about this accident once again.

Bonds, since it hasn't been done so yet, I'd like to offer to you a welcome to the site. We're a great, tight-knit group who think of everyone here as family. Accidents like this hit home and tend to conjure up quite a bit of emotion. We have out fair share of infiltrators on this site who simply join to get a rise, or lambast one or another of us seeminglessly wrecklessly, so usually we tread with caution with new members who have a single issue or topic on their agenda. Please understand out stance, it's not hostility in my beliefs, just caution.

After the phone call between Jason Mineo and Metal Bros, and your emphatic denial that you're not a lwayer, I believe that you are here legitimately, seeking answers.

Let's cut this guy a little slack.

Welcome Bonds.

lucky strike 03-16-2007 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by CigDaze (Post 2060444)
I've been reading this all day, and I'm firmly of the stance that I'm not going to get involved in this one way or another - only to say that I'm still saddened to this day remembering this tragedy after looking back on the pictures and thinking about this accident once again. .

Well said... I feel the same way....

LS

bouyhunter 03-16-2007 07:11 PM

CigDaze - a class act as always.
You said what I couldn't properly put into words.
I may be one of the guilty of jumping to quick, but my gaurd is always up.
Bond's - I hope you and flash find the facts you're looking for.

This group is a tough group, but very caring. And we all take situations such as this very seriously.