Notices

Bow rail, pros & cons

Old 03-16-2007, 02:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bow rail, pros & cons

I'm considering having a custom bow rail made for my ZX. I've never seen one mounted on a ZX before, & I'm not sure if it would even be worth it. This will be my first boating season with it, & I can't help but wonder...first time I go to toss the ole front anchor out, & crawl out on the bow that I've spent so much time waxing, I either bust my *** , & or I go swimming ...So, I was looking for a little input on bow rails, & if I decide to go with one, would it really be worth it, or could I just mount an extra long grab handle? As for the custom bow rail, does anyone have a contact for someone who builds them?
Old 03-16-2007, 03:54 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 259 Likes on 92 Posts

I feel your pain man. i have a customers 38ZX that i do pokerruns an stuff with once in a while (i call it prop testing ) and i believe that whole boat was designed to toss you in the water. even the damn sunpad gets treterous if it wet

thats a tough deck to put a rail on because of how clean the angle is. damn good lookin boat but tough to be out on the deck
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 03-16-2007, 04:25 PM

I can hardly wait , LOL...I have considered doing something like my buddies Outlaw, he has a single rail running down the center of the bow, really looks good, & it seems to give ya something to hold on to when the waves are bouncin ya around. My only issue with that is the bow hatch is directly in the middle, I suppose I'll give it some more thought...
Old 03-16-2007, 04:31 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

yawl need some sea legs I only use mine for tieing bumpers ,Ive never had to hold on to one before.

con would be looks and I wouldnt want to install one after the head liner is in the boat

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 03-16-2007, 04:45 PM

I hope to be able to get em pretty quick, without too many unexpected swims ...
I have to remove the headliner? Wasn't counting on that...LOL...
Old 03-16-2007, 04:50 PM
Banned

I love the look of no bow rail, neither of my Donzii's have one, but the low rail on my Formula comes in handy when at the dock.
Attached Thumbnails Bow rail, pros & cons-9-28-003.jpg   Bow rail, pros & cons-9-24-002.jpg   Bow rail, pros & cons-138283395bnpoca_fs.jpg  

Old 03-16-2007, 04:54 PM
Banned

I had a Formula F20SC that had the "Captain Queeg" bowrails on it. I guess they would be good for harpooning whales, but I took it off, and I thought it looked much better.
Attached Thumbnails Bow rail, pros & cons-trailershot.jpg   Bow rail, pros & cons-6-28-001.jpg  
Old 03-16-2007, 04:59 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
yawl need some sea legs I only use mine for tieing bumpers ,Ive never had to hold on to one before.

con would be looks and I wouldnt want to install one after the head liner is in the boat
Those would be Fenders deckhand
Old 03-16-2007, 05:01 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Cuda - I think the big tall Life-Line SS cable would look kinda cool on the Minx.
But, it also looks great as is.
Old 03-16-2007, 05:10 PM
Registered

Talking

I know where your coming from my friend - I'm just carefull & I have been trying to get my wife up there. Not!

Quick Reply: Bow rail, pros & cons

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.