Notices

History on Skater

Old 03-19-2007, 07:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default History on Skater

Last year my father and I purchased a 2000, 40' Skater. I know the boat was originally named "The Chase Is On". It's now "Never Late". We have been going thru the whole boat from top to bottom and I was wondering if the minds on OSO know any background on this boat. Anybody?????????
Old 03-19-2007, 08:20 PM
Registered

Received 3,017 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by 40FlatDeck
Last year my father and I purchased a 2000, 40' Skater. I know the boat was originally named "The Chase Is On". It's now "Never Late". We have been going thru the whole boat from top to bottom and I was wondering if the minds on OSO know any background on this boat. Anybody?????????
I know you can call Scot Conrad and get the full story on it

SICK BOAT!!
Attached Thumbnails History on Skater-img_0717.jpg   History on Skater-img_0729.jpg   History on Skater-img_0753.jpg  

Old 03-19-2007, 09:16 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

I kind of know the guy that bought it from American Offshore Marine in FL. It was kept up here in CT for a couple of years. He traded the boat into Ocean Performance for a Contender. The owner of Ocean Performance had Richie Rich paint the boat with an X-Men theme. It was amazing. I'll find a pic of it. Then the owner wanted to buy the boat back. He then had Richie paint the boat to the way it is now Never Late. He backed out of the deal before it was done being painted. It probably wasn't run in a year or so up here. Then since Ocean was stuck with the boat Scott traded an Outerlimits and $$ to Chris for the Skater. (I think). Scott could clear that up. Thats all I know about it. It ran really good while here and the owner didn't use it much.
Old 03-20-2007, 10:06 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm
I kind of know the guy that bought it from American Offshore Marine in FL. It was kept up here in CT for a couple of years. He traded the boat into Ocean Performance for a Contender. The owner of Ocean Performance had Richie Rich paint the boat with an X-Men theme. It was amazing. I'll find a pic of it. Then the owner wanted to buy the boat back. He then had Richie paint the boat to the way it is now Never Late. He backed out of the deal before it was done being painted. It probably wasn't run in a year or so up here. Then since Ocean was stuck with the boat Scott traded an Outerlimits and $$ to Chris for the Skater. (I think). Scott could clear that up. Thats all I know about it. It ran really good while here and the owner didn't use it much.
Nice. Thanks for the info! I would love to see some pics if you have them. Is Richie Rich still painting?
Old 03-20-2007, 10:07 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by thisistank
I know you can call Scot Conrad and get the full story on it

SICK BOAT!!
Thanks.
Old 03-20-2007, 12:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 40FlatDeck
Nice. Thanks for the info! I would love to see some pics if you have them. Is Richie Rich still painting?
After he left up here he started to paint for Fountain. Then he went to Cigarette then left. I hadn't seen him in a while but he is now painting for Cigarette again. I believe he did
3 boats that were just in the Miami show. We had him paint our Hustler that we just sold.
Old 03-20-2007, 03:26 PM
Registered

Default Skater/Richie Rich $

Is your paint signed some where in the graphics?
He signs the work Richy Rich $...
Attached Thumbnails History on Skater-richierich.jpg  

Last edited by OL40SVX; 03-20-2007 at 03:29 PM.
Old 03-20-2007, 04:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm
Is your paint signed some where in the graphics?
He signs the work Richy Rich $...
Nope...and I have been over every inch of that boat. I called Ocean Performance today and they said they might be able to dig up some pics of the x-men paint for me. Thanks!