Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   POWER telescoping sternlights??? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/15395-power-telescoping-sternlights.html)

packinair 02-10-2002 12:35 AM

POWER telescoping sternlights???

I just saw these in the new boat US catolog. Does any one have one? is it like a car atenea or a solid shaft? and why havn't I see these before? Now I get to add another switch to my dash :D

wildbillg 02-10-2002 12:46 AM

They are great !! All the new Nordic power boats have them. when you turn them on they go up and then when you flip the switch bak (double toggle) the flash S.O.S. They are just like power ant. several sections and then they rescss flush to the transom... they are cool!! Just remember to mount it wher eit will not get bent when you open the hatch........

WildBillG

Dono 02-10-2002 01:09 AM

cool idea. why didn't i think of that? :D

Boating Fool 02-10-2002 02:36 AM

HTM also puts it on their cats. Saw them on Powerboat TV. Basically a car antenna with a light on top.

RumRunner 02-10-2002 08:30 AM

Both Eddie, & CP Performance have them in their catalogs.

BAD HTM SR 24 02-10-2002 08:54 AM

I have one and its awsome.They are a lot bigger in diameter than a car antenna.Flip a switch and up it goes,i get some pretty cool comments when there is a bunch of boats tied up around me and i flip the switch to raise it.The only downfall is the bulb that goes in it are very hard to find,i hit a low bridge with mine and couldnt find a bulb where i live so i had to order one from HTM they are expensive also i think it was $13.00.I didnt want to be stuck without one again so i ordered 2 after s&h it cost like $30.00.Maintenance is spraying the shaft with a light coating of WD40 a couple of times a year.Oh and one more thing make sure noone is sitting on it when you try to raise it,did that to my wife and i thought she was going to jump off the boat scared the **** out of her. :D :D

packinair 02-10-2002 11:42 AM

HTM: so I am guessing they will take the speed and pounding od a smaller cat?

Scott 02-10-2002 11:49 AM

They are available direct from a company called Inovative lighting out of Iowa. They moved and are rebuilding the web sight if anyone cares I can find a phone number.
Also remember you need about 24 or 30 inches below the deck for the telelscoping pole to fit into. :rolleyes:

This is the same company that has some real cool white and amber led clusters for lighting in compartments and floor areas.
They also told me they are or will be selling trailer led lights soon.Scott

[ 02-10-2002: Message edited by: Scott ]

02-10-2002 12:07 PM

I have one on my Sunsation288. It was a factory option. The dealer thought it was so cool, they paid for it after we negotiated the deal and arrived at a price.

see this pic...

Nav Light

I like it!

- jeff

Dixie Doug 02-10-2002 01:47 PM

A nice addition is the Bow light that's hidden ,pops up when on.