Notices

High speed turns

Old 03-19-2007, 07:50 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

I dont do nothing but crank the wheel...though, Im one of those medical personel, my boats got no steps..and most importantly..it doesnt go fast enough to get me in trouble..I barely break 45 in a straight line
Old 03-19-2007, 07:55 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

' I can out-turn anyone. That hull handles like its got velcro on the bottom. '

Sound familiar??
Old 03-20-2007, 09:16 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A discovery process is used to determine settings through a turn, some hulls , drives or props may lift the hull in different areas when navigating a high speed turn.We found that some hulls like some negative trim in a turn, while some like it nuetral, and some need positive trim to carry.We teach these things in UPC, PBC and we have conducted Race classes for many now here in the states and from the U.K. We just did 2 race classes in the last 3 weeks.Attempting these turns without proper education or set skills may cost you a damaged hull and equiptment, or injury or even death. there has been 2 accidents in the last two weeks involving high speed turns, one of them resulted in a fatality.Do not attempt these things without proper training and dont let everyone tell you how, its not their boat or life.
Old 03-20-2007, 09:21 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Listen to Tres he's the MAN!

Another thing when you're out practicing have a safety boat around. We do when we're helping customers dial engines in here on the lake.
Old 03-20-2007, 09:42 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Tres
A discovery process is used to determine settings through a turn, some hulls , drives or props may lift the hull in different areas when navigating a high speed turn.We found that some hulls like some negative trim in a turn, while some like it nuetral, and some need positive trim to carry.We teach these things in UPC, PBC and we have conducted Race classes for many now here in the states and from the U.K. We just did 2 race classes in the last 3 weeks.Attempting these turns without proper education or set skills may cost you a damaged hull and equiptment, or injury or even death. there has been 2 accidents in the last two weeks involving high speed turns, one of them resulted in a fatality.Do not attempt these things without proper training and dont let everyone tell you how, its not their boat or life.
Do your self and others in your boat a favor....take Tres's class. He will show you the correct way to negotiate a turn if you are in doubt. Don't risk tossing everyone out of the boat or worse if you are not familular with turning at speed. Dave
Old 03-20-2007, 09:53 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Tres knows his stuff.
Old 03-20-2007, 10:49 AM
Registered

Heck, I can remember Tres Delivering my Brother-in-Laws first Cigarette to NY in 1984...

Boy I'm feeling Old
Old 03-20-2007, 02:40 PM
Registered

No steps helps.

My boat isn't all that fast and has no steps, I just turn the wheel. Haven't had a problem yet, but then again I've never just turned the wheel at WOT.
Old 03-20-2007, 03:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by sleeper_dave
No steps helps.

My boat isn't all that fast and has no steps, I just turn the wheel. Haven't had a problem yet, but then again I've never just turned the wheel at WOT.
A step bottom boat is just a different type of boat and needs to be set up for the turn different than a conv. V or Cat. I guarante I can turn a stepped Extreme as fast or faster than you can turn your conv. V Dave
Old 03-20-2007, 05:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wardey
A step bottom boat is just a different type of boat and needs to be set up for the turn different than a conv. V or Cat. I guarante I can turn a stepped Extreme as fast or faster than you can turn your conv. V Dave
Who helped you do that???

Quick Reply: High speed turns

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.