Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   biggest bang for the $$ (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/154335-biggest-bang-%24%24.html)

FOXMXPSYCHO 03-24-2007 05:01 AM

biggest bang for the $$

hello im new to this forum. Im also new to boating in general, although I have been on friends boats, I want my own. I was wondering what boat would be considered the biggest bang for the buck for something around 125k-150k fairly new between 25'-32'. ?

boats im considering:
Eliminator
Nordic
Hallet
formula
whatever else youd recommend in that price range.

thanks
George

Audiofn 03-24-2007 06:37 AM

I would look at a Superboat. They are a lot less then what you are looking to spend and perform very well with a single engine. The ride and build quality is very good.

Jon

f311fr1 03-24-2007 06:55 AM

Also look at Sonic. They make a very nice 31 with twins that will fit into your price point. Unlimited Marine in Russell Springs/Jamestown KY has a new one on order for stock, Talk to Carl for details. Joe Murray

carrboy 03-24-2007 07:41 AM

Definitely look at Sonic,I'm on my second.No complaints:cool:

monstaaa 03-24-2007 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by FOXMXPSYCHO (Post 2069140)
hello im new to this forum. Im also new to boating in general, although I have been on friends boats, I want my own. I was wondering what boat would be considered the biggest bang for the buck for something around 125k-150k fairly new between 25'-32'. ?

boats im considering:
Eliminator
Nordic
Hallet
formula
whatever else youd recommend in that price range.

thanks
George

. i have a couple things that you may be interested in. one of the m is brand new . shoot me a pm if your interested.

lightspeed 03-24-2007 08:33 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I Have A 2006 29 Kryptonite Its Brand New For A Real Good Deal Its Here In The Classifieds

Stormrider 03-24-2007 08:36 AM

u want something for this summer? new?
if so, it better be something from stock?

Dave M 03-24-2007 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by Audiofn (Post 2069155)
I would look at a Superboat. They are a lot less then what you are looking to spend and perform very well with a single engine. The ride and build quality is very good.

Jon

I agree. But I am biased! :drink:

For the $$ he is talking he can probably get into a '34 Super.

Anarchy Powerboats 03-24-2007 10:31 AM

Welcome to the fray. Take alot of time and go through the classified section and read read read. Do the legwork and you won't go wrong. Again Welcome.

TexomaPowerboater 03-24-2007 11:38 AM

What are your wants/needs? Pure speed? Is there a wife with creature comfort needs? How fast do you want to go? What kind of water will you be boating in? Will you be overnighting? Reliability? You should develop a list of items 1-5 and rate what is the most important to you

Bottom line - different strokes for different folks.