Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Big Thanks To Jayboat (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/154420-big-thanks-jayboat.html)

Specialized 03-26-2007 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by BY U BOY (Post 2070680)
It took me over a year to come up with that one.

It's actually kind of funny. We have owned the boat since November and it almost seems like "name the boat by commitee" and everybody is a comedian. My wife and daughter have arrived at the very classy name "The Purple Cow" or because we blew a motor during one of our runs "The USS Hunk of Junk" which by the way does not sit well with me of course. I kind of liked the sound of "Plumb Crazy" due to the extreme amount of purple on our interior. My partner in the boat and good friend likes the sound of "Juggernaut" due to this hulls wave crushing ability, which of course leads the guys at the office to play on that with "Juggs or Naught" My wife was quoted by the newspaper, during our benefit run for the Molter family, as calling the boat "Specialized" to which my partner in the boat wants to change to " Specialized Sucks" as a dig on me. So as you can see the boat will probaly remain "Nameless" for some time to come. Oh well:rolleyes:

BY U BOY 03-26-2007 08:29 PM

purple haze

Bobthebuilder 03-26-2007 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by Specialized (Post 2071623)
It's actually kind of funny. We have owned the boat since November and it almost seems like "name the boat by commitee" and everybody is a comedian. My wife and daughter have arrived at the very classy name "The Purple Cow" or because we blew a motor during one of our runs "The USS Hunk of Junk" which by the way does not sit well with me of course. I kind of liked the sound of "Plumb Crazy" due to the extreme amount of purple on our interior. My partner in the boat and good friend likes the sound of "Juggernaut" due to this hulls wave crushing ability, which of course leads the guys at the office to play on that with "Juggs or Naught" My wife was quoted by the newspaper, during our benefit run for the Molter family, as calling the boat "Specialized" to which my partner in the boat wants to change to " Specialized Sucks" as a dig on me. So as you can see the boat will probaly remain "Nameless" for some time to come. Oh well:rolleyes:

That is funny, John. You had told me some of the story but not all of it. We will see what we can do to help you with the name.:D

Nice work Jay. You're the best !

Bob

jayboat 03-27-2007 12:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here ya go, John... keep the committee happy!:D :D

Specialized 03-27-2007 07:22 AM

LOL:D :D . Perfect, now we just need to find out where to put the signage. Do you think we can squeeze it onto the transom or should we put it on the freeboard like Predator?

BY U BOY 03-27-2007 09:23 AM

how about bajama mama of course we would need to see some picks of the wife.:drink: :drink:

Maritime_Eng 03-27-2007 09:50 AM

Jay does great work! He did mine this summer and turned out great! Thanks again Jay! I might have another one for you soon!