Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Mini Cats get layed up this week! >

Mini Cats get layed up this week!

Notices

Mini Cats get layed up this week!

Old 06-27-2007, 12:12 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the tricked out new Livorsi shifter has been chosen as standard equipment btw.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:13 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by METAL BROS RACING
HERE IS THE UPDATE
I am still trying to coordinate getting Dave Sikorski ( Glassdave) down to PHX to assist me with the first two hulls, when they are popped and bonded I can take over from there. Glass is the only part of the process I am new to so I want it done right so I am willing to wait til our schedules work. It really shouldnt be too long now, good things come to those that wait so patience amigos.
You have never layed up boats before and are going to figure it out on just two? I didn't think it was that easy.

What is the update on these? I was following this to see how the first ones ran this summer? When are they expected to be on the water?

Andy
Old 08-29-2007, 09:38 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Andy01
You have never layed up boats before and are going to figure it out on just two? I didn't think it was that easy.

What is the update on these? I was following this to see how the first ones ran this summer? When are they expected to be on the water?

Andy
Hi Andy,
Yes, after Dave establishes a layup schedule that works well I will lay them up from there, these are very simple hulls with no stringers or odd bracing or bulkheads to deal with.
The update as of now is that I need to complete the 2 concert tours that I am running concurrently and that runs until mid OCT, after that we will continue work on the project. One thing I have decided is that all hulls will be layed up in the fasll/winter as doing layups in 115 degree heat is insanely difficult and uncomfortable so the goal is for Dave to escape the frozen tundra of Ohio and come work in the perfect winter weather in the PHX valley. I know it seems as if this is moving a little slow but when the production schedule got pushed back in March it kind of forced a delay that I didn't anticipate. The boats will be great when they are done but as I have stated from the beginning they will be done right so if it takes extra time to make sure that happens so be it.

Kind Regards,
Kenny
Old 08-29-2007, 09:52 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Just tell Dave you have strippers and beer and he will be there in hours. He don't care about heat and slave labor as long as there are stippers and beer!!!
Old 08-29-2007, 09:58 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's been years since I did glass work, however the biggest variable always was temp. I would recommend a climate controlled work area to do the layups. It will make it much easier to get consistent results.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:14 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Anybody can lay up but it takes a real man to grind.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:19 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

i want one
Old 08-29-2007, 07:34 PM
Registered

When you vacuum infuse very little grinding to do!!
Old 08-29-2007, 07:36 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

We vaccum bag but grind every layer. Hey we even build some boats w/ solid glass bottoms aka the P6 Crockett Rocket. Old school baby!
Old 08-29-2007, 07:41 PM
Registered

I wish someone would start building the 13' Funcats again. Larry still has the molds in FL. Would love to see them come out a foot wider though and maybe a foot longer.

Quick Reply: Mini Cats get layed up this week!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.