Notices

Lookie who I saw last Saturday!

Old 03-27-2007, 10:10 AM
DJD
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vagrant
Hey Dave,

We were there last July and stayed at the condos beside the Airport. It was amazing to watch the big KLN? plane come in. Did you make it to Orion beach? We had our 12yr old with us and he got to learn alot about toplessness. LOL. We never did make it to Anguilla by looks of your pictures I wish we would have.

David
We saw the KLM 747 land last year That is one hell of a bazar sight!! I've seen video of the 747 taking off where it sent 4 or 5 people tumbling across the sand & into the ocean.
Orient beach certainly has some lovely sights! If you ever get back, go to Pinel Island. Its close to Orient. It's where the super hotties go to work on their tans
Old 03-27-2007, 10:45 AM
Registered

Awesome spot to be for Buffett!!
Old 03-27-2007, 10:51 AM
KiloKat
VIP Member

Was he promoting his new LandShark beer?
Old 03-27-2007, 10:56 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Specialized
I can think of at least 100 other boners that would do the same thing including myself. I think there might be a chapter on this in the man law handbook
yeap me in 2002 we were at the maho and when the jets took off you would get sand blasted by the jets if you didn't duck behind the burm on the beach between the maho and the tiki bar at sunset they had live bands outside at night there and big swells during the day we would swim there and back the good days. art
Old 03-27-2007, 10:59 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by DJD
We saw the KLM 747 land last year That is one hell of a bazar sight!! I've seen video of the 747 taking off where it sent 4 or 5 people tumbling across the sand & into the ocean.
Orient beach certainly has some lovely sights! If you ever get back, go to Pinel Island. Its close to Orient. It's where the super hotties go to work on their tans
that was nice we rented jet skis and looked at topless woman all afternoon. in 2002 then some old scank nude walked by power walking and ruined me for life I can never go back now
Old 03-27-2007, 11:15 AM
DJD
Registered

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
that was nice we rented jet skis and looked at topless woman all afternoon. in 2002 then some old scank nude walked by power walking and ruined me for life I can never go back now
We rented jet skis there too. Marcus & I kept getting scolded by the rental punk about slowing down/too close/don't go here/there so we ended up darting off in two different directions. He chased us all over the bay while we laughed our aasses off for an hour
Old 03-27-2007, 11:26 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by DJD
Come on Dean, tell us how you really feel
Don't take this personally but I have to disagree.
Buffett is an avid power boater himself. I didn't find any harm (or bull**** propaganda) in what "he" said in that video clip. I do not support the manatee people but I sure don't want to mow down a manatee with my boat. Have you ever seen one that was just hit? Not a pleasant sight at all. I am all for protectimg them but yes, the manatee folks have taken it a bit far. You can't blame that on Buffett. Buffett does alot of charity work to help people simply because he is famous. As a matter of fact, the concert was a fund raiser to benefit the poverty stricken children on Anguilla. Please don't de-rail this post with a bunch of negitivity. There are plenty of people here who enjoy Buffett and his music.
Sorry, if you view this as NEGATIVE, but it's the truth
If you support Buffett, then you are supporting the $MC. I know the video clip is just a small porition of what he has done for the $MC. You have to dig deeper than just his little video clip to see what he and the $MC has done to boating in FL.
And yes, I have seen a manatee that was just stuck, by a Tug boat, and yes it was terrible. BUT I have never heard or seen a Manatee that was hit by a recreational boater. Yet, that is who Buffett and $MC target, not the commerical vessels!
And I bet you'll be hard pressed to find a Florida powerboat owner that supports "Stuff-it"!
Dean
Old 03-27-2007, 11:35 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I don't mean to put a damper on your thread DJD, I like his music and he puts on a great show, but Dean's right. Music aside, Buffet's a hypocritical arsehole.

"As part of its 25th anniversary celebration, the [Save The Manatee] club honored “a select group of very special people and organizations who have contributed to the protection of manatees.” Established in 1981 by former Florida Gov. and U.S. Sen. Bob Graham and singer/songwriter Jimmy Buffet, the club was created so the public could participate in manatee conservation efforts to save endangered manatees from extinction.

Since then Buffet and his little club have been systematically destroying boater's and waterfront property owners rights in FL.

Just a little tidbit of info.

Oh, and by the way, Buffet's little private island in the keys has one of the only high-speed channels within miles of his home, so that he can get his yacht in and out of his retreat in comfort.

Last edited by CigDaze; 03-27-2007 at 11:40 AM.
Old 03-27-2007, 12:08 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by CigDaze
I don't mean to put a damper on your thread DJD, I like his music and he puts on a great show, but Dean's right. Music aside, Buffet's a hypocritical arsehole.

"As part of its 25th anniversary celebration, the [Save The Manatee] club honored “a select group of very special people and organizations who have contributed to the protection of manatees.” Established in 1981 by former Florida Gov. and U.S. Sen. Bob Graham and singer/songwriter Jimmy Buffet, the club was created so the public could participate in manatee conservation efforts to save endangered manatees from extinction.

Since then Buffet and his little club have been systematically destroying boater's and waterfront property owners rights in FL.

Just a little tidbit of info.

Oh, and by the way, Buffet's little private island in the keys has one of the only high-speed channels within miles of his home, so that he can get his yacht in and out of his retreat in comfort.

CD,
Thanks for the back-up info. I too, don't want to be a downer on anyone's thread, but people need to know the truth!
Dean
Old 03-28-2007, 09:29 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DJD
Pati and I went in 2005, what a blast. She has some pictures and a video I believe of Sunset Beach Bar. I will get her to post them later.

Quick Reply: Lookie who I saw last Saturday!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.