Any hull failures on Velocity's?

Notices

Any hull failures on Velocity's?

Old 03-28-2007, 05:55 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by chippin it
........If you notice now there is no platform.As far as P-1 thats what we ran in the worlds,that is what it will run this year
I luv the addition of the coffee cup holder!

Yeah , the worlds , that was the race of the YEAR!
Old 03-28-2007, 06:02 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by 1HYPER1
Hey CHIPPY,The point is they all can break,just like the white,Blue AND Yellow one broke in half in Point Pleasant NJ,The name of that boat was also Instigator.The point is they can all break.
Firewater also split the hull down the side right at the Engine room bulkhead at point pleasant and Buckshot broke in half..........

The question in the beginning of the thread was simple, have there been any hull failures on the 39/41. Not have any other boats broken or can any other boats break... Too which we found out there has been at least one, which goes against the claim that there has never been any....

Anyway, the fact that he answered his own question/challenge still puzzles me... Must be a Velocity pride issue....

Last edited by Panther; 03-28-2007 at 06:05 PM.
Old 03-28-2007, 06:10 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Panther
Firewater also split the hull down the side right at the Engine room bulkhead at point pleasant and Buckshot broke in half..........
What year was it that just about everyone broke in Point. Well, maybe my estimation is high, but there was lots of casualties that race. Why am I thinking it was 2002?
Old 03-28-2007, 06:12 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Lucididee
What year was it that just about everyone broke in Point. Well, maybe my estimation is high, but there was lots of casualties that race. Why am I thinking it was 2002?
I don't recall but I know it was dark, grey, drizzling and ROUGH...

Coulda even been 2000-2001
Old 03-28-2007, 06:13 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,053 Likes on 277 Posts

Ya it was 02 i remeber riding in the Sunseeker corner boat and hearing about it on the radio.
Old 03-28-2007, 06:13 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,053 Likes on 277 Posts

Originally Posted by chippin it
they just fail to go fast
Old 03-28-2007, 06:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The question in the beginning of the thread was simple, have there been any hull failures on the 39/41. Not have any other boats broken or can any other boats break... Too which we found out there has been at least one, which goes against the claim that there has never been any....

Anyway, the fact that he answered his own question/challenge still puzzles me... Must be a Velocity pride issue....
Although the 39 and 41 share the same bottom they are not the same boat. I just haven't heard of 41 coming apart, I sure one has and that is why I brought it up to you in the first place. So how exactly did I answer my own question? Again, my question was about the 41, you asked about the 39
Old 03-28-2007, 06:18 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Remember the year comming back from Pt. after the races running with SandBagger..... The one where he said he saw our props the whole ride back... The one where he couldn't pull away from us in 4-5 ft'ers and my boat was way slower.......
Old 03-28-2007, 06:19 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Originally Posted by mr_velocity
Although the 39 and 41 share the same bottom they are not the same boat. I just haven't heard of 41 coming apart, I sure one has and that is why I brought it up to you in the first place. So how exactly did I answer my own question? Again, my question was about the 41, you asked about the 39
I asked about both.....Semantics.........

Enjoy your vacation and be sure to cut the cover off when you get back!
Old 03-28-2007, 06:21 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Remember the year comming back from Pt. after the races running with SandBagger..... The one where he said he saw our props the whole ride back... The one where he couldn't pull away from us in 4-5 ft'ers and my boat was way slower.......
Yup, I remember that one, that was a fun ride home in the Scarab! And yes, I had to chuckle to myself when we rounded the hook to talk with them, he wasn't too happy that he couldn't pull away from ya!

Quick Reply: Any hull failures on Velocity's?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.