If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 35 of 35
  1. #31
    My Boats:
    85 Chris Cat
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    I have shipped 30 lb bottles USPS marked as freon and it wasn't that bad to ship. Just ask at the post office how to mark it and send it out. I convert my stuff to 134A works fine I have some R12 left sell it on EBAY the licence was easy to get.

  2. #32
    Charter Member Charter Member bowtie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    New Jersey
    I have a MACS license and wouldn't bother with R-12. I've converted many systems to R134A and never had a problem. It's very cheap and works very well. Maybe with aircraft it wouldn't be worth changing but most cars its not worth purchasing the R-12.

  3. #33
    Platinum Member Charter Member
    My Boats:
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    so. WI
    Getting the license was actually a joke- extremely easy test and some paperwork to fill out. I can't even remember now how many years ago it was- maybe 10 or 12? There's hardly any need for it anymore in the automotive world as these older cars are either crushed or converted.
    The aircraft industry seems to always be left alone when it comes to chemicals that are deemed hazardous- I guess since it's a relatively small cross-section of transportation in relation to ground travel and it has it's own governing body (the FAA).
    Conversions to aircraft have to be done with a Supplemental Type Certificate, and those individuals or companies that do the research and paperwork to develop the kits have to get it approved by the Feds. They also have to accept the liabilities that go with anything stamped 'for aircraft use'.
    What costs $39.95 at AutoZone for an older vehicle conversion can cost upwards of $15K to buy the kit and required STC paperwork to convert an aircraft. I inspected one on a Falcon a few months back and I think it was around $14K for the kit plus labor.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    The card is a joke not like a master trademan's card, just listen to boring lectures and take the test.

  5. #35
    Platinum Member Platinum Member Smarty's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Pitman, NJ
    I have one 30# can R-12 sitting in the garage.

    $500 and it is yours.

    Call Alan Jones 856-589-1070

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Similar Threads

  1. air conditioning
    By morgansrun in forum Baja
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-01-2008, 04:10 PM
  2. Air Conditioning
    By 32fever in forum Cigarette
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-30-2007, 08:49 AM
  3. air conditioning
    By drgnrydr in forum Eliminator
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-01-2006, 05:29 PM
  4. Air Conditioning???
    By RebarBox in forum General Boating Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-13-2004, 12:39 PM
  5. Air Conditioning
    By Quiet Storm in forum Sonic
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-18-2003, 03:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:50 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2016 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Original Poster In Postbit provided by Original Poster In Postbit v1.0.0 (Free) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.